cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitigation control ID field gets filled with some control ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a issue with the Control ID for mitigation getting filled with some value .We are not able to make the basis of these value being filled in while trying to mitigate the risk by the approver.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the table HRP5354 where information regarding the mitigation control IDs are saved with some object ID. Based on the date of creation, Object ID is assigned to each of the Mitigation Control ID. The field of MC ID during mitigation get populated with the value which lists at the top of the table HRP5354 when sorted in ascending order.

Regards,

Vinaya

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

Please check if you have any mitigation controls already defined based on Risk Id or Rule ID by going to below path.

NWBC -> Setup -> Mitigating controls

Also check if you have parameter 1072 set as YES.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for the reply.

We have created the Mitigation control based on the Risk IDs.

But our concern here is , the field always shows MS01_HUALL control ID even if we have MS01_AUALL control ID if it is in ascending order. Does the value MS01_HUALL taken based on last used control ID? If that is the case, then also the value is wrong. Even if we use some other value, MS01_HUALL gets filled while doing mitigation of risks the next time.

Regards,

Vinaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ought to get the value as MF03_AUALL since Control IDs are shown up in alphabetical order.But we get the value for MF03_HUALL everytime when trying to mitigate the risks.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

What is the Risk ID associated with control MF03_HUALL? Can you please check if all your mitigation controls are defined to unique Risk IDs?

If any of the Mitigation Control has Risk ID as "*" then that could be also reason for this behavior

Regards,

Madhu..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Our mitigation control IDs are assigned to unique Risk IDs. We do not have * maintained.

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayalaxmi,

do you use user level mitigation? maybe there is a control ID assigned?

Best regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

We do not use user level mitigation.

I found one more thing. I have deleted the the MC ID MS01_HUALL .Now the value which gets filled is MS01_HUITC. I re-created the MC ID MS01_HUALL.Now the default value which is getting filled is MS01_HUITC instead of MS01_HUALL.

So my question is does it depend on creation of mitigation control ID?

Regards,

Vinaya