cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launch button in personas is not working and i get attached error

0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

i have just configured my sap screen personas successfully and i can launch it from recommended path : /sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp/

i can copy a flavor and work with it fine but my issue is that the launch button is not working and it gives the attached error image

i followed the configuration guide step b step

can you help me solving this issue as i don't know what i'm missing ..

regards ,

Yasser Afify

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

eralper_yilmaz
Participant
0 Kudos

I experience the same issue. What was interesting, the launch button was working perfect a few months ago, the last time I worked on Personas prototyping. But today it fails to display the webpage. The whitelist url message is not even displayed as a warning, it seems to fail in any action for launch button

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check F12 developer tool (under Tools menu) console in IE to see if there is any error message. Otherwise, please log a message to check the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

I'm lately experiencing the same issue, where the Launch button worked before, but suddenly stopped, this is the error I'm getting in the F12 debugger:

082470 ERROR Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Common.Profile.Screenstate->IsValid -

Invalid root element

I don't know what it means, any ideas?

Looks like I'll have to log a message...

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriaan,

Are you using Personas 2.0 SP03? Is this in flavor or even in basic view?

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply...

Personas 2.0 SP02.  It is in Flavor.

I have asked the Basis guys to implement the latest notes according to 1964257, they will hopefully do it tomorrow.  I hope this will solve the problem, I think it might be a Silverlight related problem.

I will update the topic, once I have a resolution.

Regards,

A.D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The root cause was the Kernel version.  When we upgraded to 742 pack 28, the issue appeared.  Upgrading to 742 pack 101 solved the issue.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same Issue.

I do not think it could be a configuration issue with quite a bunch of people getting it. There has to be an easier approach to this issue rather than going through all the notes again.

Any simple pointers ?

Help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nitin

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Three people reporting a problem hardly qualifies as "quite a bunch". Actually, it is rather common that such issues turn out to be caused by a configuration or installation error.

If you double-checked and are 100% certain that ALL the notes are properly implemented and everything is configured correctly according to the configuration guide, then open an OSS incident so the support team can take a look at your system. There is no "easier approach".

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you logged a message for it?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also if you are trying to launch webpage then check if you have maintained the URL in whitelist table (SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Cross-Application component -> SAP Screen Personas -> Maintain Whitelist URL).

Thanks

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please make sure you have all notes implemented according to the parent note 1964257. If you still face the same issue, open an OSS incident.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue all buttons are working fine except launch button , could you please help me to solve it ..