SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i want the payment to be posted on account if the payment document is posted through payment run FPY1. How can we achieve that.

Regards

Charvi

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charvi,

Your requirement seems to be a bit weird, as Direct debit run is done to clear the outstanding receivables.Not sure about the business rationale for your above requirement.

However, I think it can be achievable through following Config.

IMG-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Open Item Management-->Clearing Control-->Define Specifications for Clearing Types--->Define Defaults for Incoming Payments

Click on New Entries. Select clearing type as 06. Don't give anything in General clearing variant and value 2 in the post on acct field and press save.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

I think that Amlan's suggestion will enable it to post as payment on account.  However, you run the risk of debiting the account multiple times because the receivables are not cleared as expected.  I do not think that direct debit should be executed with POA.

regards,

bill.