Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record split and modification check in the communication channel

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i've got a problem with a scenario und hope, you can help me. In my scenario, i have a flat file which i have to read and split into several messages. The problem is that i also have to check if the source flat file is stable for around 10 secs, because i dont know when the program which writes this file is finished. It may not happen, that i read the file when its not finished, this would cause problems in the further process.

When i'm using Content Conversion in the sender communication channel, with the parameter "recordsets per message", it is not possible to use the parameter "msecs to wait before modification check" on the advanced-tab / advanced mode. This is intentionally from SAP and no bug, as i thought before.

But i need these two functions at the same time. What options I have here? Is there any module i can use to do the message split, so that i can use the "msecs to wait before modification check" parameter? Or do you know other ways to realize my requirements? If there is a possibility to do so, i like to have the configuration in the communic

Greetings

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

In this case, you can split the flow in 2 steps:

1. To read the file (with Modification Check enable) and write it to some other Dir path in the system

(It will just be a pass through scenario without and ESR objects for File transfer)

2. In 2nd step you can process the file (from the new Dir path as from step 1) with Recordset per message (as it will be complete file placed in this Dir and you will not require Modification chk here)

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As suggested by Inaki, Multimapping is best for 1:N splitting

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/04/09/multiple-idoc-segment-occurance-t...

for modification check, use standard CC settings

Thaanks,

Aman

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrisropher,

Have you thought to use a multi-mapping to split your message instead of using Recordsets per message option?

Regards.