Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40/Blue Crystal Theme/NWBC 5.0

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my SAP GUI to 7.40 (which includes NWBC 5.0). I initially downloaded SAP GUI 7.40 and had many issues (Which it seems like everyone else had as well, but almost all of the issues that I experienced were fixed with the first patch.) I also updated NWBC 5.0 to patch level 3 which fixed an issue I saw with systems with router strings.

I love the tabbed browsing with NWBC 5.0 as well as the favorites area for quick navigation.

What are your thoughts on the new Blue Crystal Theme? Is anyone seeing any issues with this new theme? I saw an issue with theme originally with missing buttons, but those all seem to have been resolved. What are some of the other issues anyone is seeing?

I have also read about being able to open NWBC within the GUI itself, but unfortunately due to my setup being linked to a sandbox which does not have Single Sign On (SSO) setup, this piece did not work for me. Has anyone else been able to setup this functionality? I would love to hear additional feedback on it.

Feel free to comment with other functionality that you like with the upgrade to SAP GUI 7.40/NWBC 5.0.

Thanks,

Imran

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thanks for sharing , Even i had face the lot of issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Can you please send the download link for SAP GUI 7.4. I am unable to find.

Thanks & regards

Satya Pavan Somayajula.

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about SAP GUI 7.4 for windows try this link It will require a S user ID to login.

Regards,

Imran

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just downloaded SAP GUI 7.40 Patch Level 2 this morning. Looks like SAP changed up the look of the Blue Crystal Theme even more to match up with the Fiori theme. Here is a screenshot of the new look in transaction PA30 and you can compare to my original message above to see the changes.

Here is the link to download in case anyone else is interested in downloading.

http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=Y&FUNCTIONBAR=...

Here is the SCN thread to keep up to date on the latest releases.