Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV from SLD create new version

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to confirm something about SWCV, as I read from this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/6857ad46fb6d13e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

It is stated that local SWCV is only for testing purpose. Does it mean that it cannot be transported to production? If I want to create a SWCV that is for production use, should I create the SWCV from SLD and import it?

Another thing is that, I already have this SWCV MyCompany v1, and there are already interfaces built in that SWCV. Now for the next release, I want to craete MyCompany v2. Will the interfaces in MyCompany v1 can still operating? Or it will overwrite/bring all the interfaces from v1 to v2?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suwandi,

Does it mean that it cannot be transported to production? If I want to create a SWCV that is for production use, should I create the SWCV from SLD and import it?

Yes, You cant't transported local SWCV to production or any other environment, its only local testing purpose . even you cant test end to end scenario with local SWCV. 

it will overwrite/bring all the interfaces from v1 to v2?

No It will not overwrite your v1 component . you will another fresh SWCV v2 means v1 will contains all your objects as it is.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thank you for the reply, really appreciate it.

Just want to confirm something, The objects from the older version can still be used right? I was afraid that when we create a new version in the SWC, the objects from the older version will stop working (or obsolete) since there's a newer version in the SWC.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will work ... No problem at all

Answers (0)