Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 Multiple change documents for 1 Request for Change

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In Solman 7.1, when you have multiple change documents (CDs) assigned to one Request for Change (RfC), how do you control the dependency between the 2 CDs. For example, what can prevent one CD from going to production while another CD is still in development?    How can I prevent this scenario?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Robyn Osby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn

Actually there is nothing in the standard that allow you to control this, you have 2 options,

• Create a new consistency check that check if the all the CD from the same RfC are in the same satus or +1 status.(You have an excellent blog created by  - )
  • Change the process implemented and use  cCTS (This allow you to create buffers that control the import of the change for each system role, in this way all the change will move together thought the landscape.) you have a how-to guide here

Best Regards

@WenSolman

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was thinking about the consistency check as a backup plan. I hadn't thought about the cCTS idea. Thank you Wences!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was thinking about the consistency check as a backup plan. I hadn't thought about the cCTS idea. Thank you Wences!