cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas - Scripting problem with changing field names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im using Personas 2.0 and Ive encountered an issue where SapGui HTML is rendering a different "frame" name for the SAME field based on a type of an employee Im looking at in PA20. This now causes an issue in my script as it complains that it doesnt recognize the control as it was recorded with a certain employee.

How is this scenario handled?

For example 2 different employees will render these types of field names for the exact same field:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/frameTITEL1/ctxtP0001BUKRS

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/frameFRAME_1/ctxtP0001BUKRS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pramod_nagargoje
Explorer
0 Kudos

Its a control ID overwrite issue.

Refer below links --

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3450626

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/04/12/sap-screen-personas-screen-id-and-control-id-overwr...

How to do it –

Add Control Id overwrite entry with neutral control id under Tcode “/n/persos/admin_ui’ -> General Actions -> Maintain Control Id Overwrite Logic

Also try to apply below note--

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Two possible solutions seem to exist to this.

First, if the two fields are indeed the exact same, then perhaps a control ID overwrite entry may be missing which should eliminate this problem. According to note 1999747, there is only one control ID overwrite entry for PA30 but I'd think most (any?) entry for PA30 should also be created for PA20. However the existing PA30 entry doesn't appear to handle this particular control, so then an OSS incident could be the right solution asking for a matching overwrite entry covering this case.

Also, in your script you could try to use an IF CONTROL EXISTS statement to decide which control is on the screen, then adjust the script according to the found control. Don't forget the REFRESH SCREEN before checking for the control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

The issue is that this is occurring for multiple infotypes and obviously all the fields in that infotype. So without the override, would I have to have an IF statement for EVERY field? That would make this simply not feasible to do in scripting.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In this case, I'd definitely create an OSS incident and ask for the proper control ID overwrite entry (or entries).