cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Pending Request is unable to find in ToDo Tab in SAP IDM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP IDM 7.2 SP09 Framework, I have created an approval (Ordered) Task, in Approval (pass), i have selected Type Assignment - Pending Value Object, the Task is attached in the Role with Validate Add Task option.

Whenever i am assign the Role to the users, the Approval task is getting triggered, the Approvers's value(mskey) is set in MX_APPROVERS attribute, but Actual approver unable see the pending approval request in ToDo Tab, Request is showing in APPROVAL MANAGEMENT Tab, unable to approve the request.

Please suggest. its very urgent !

Regards,

Kishor Kajale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

I'm working with SP8 -- and I suspec SP9 is not different in the approval mechanism or concept, but not certain of course. Here's my perspective.

MX_APPROVERS attribute is part of the Role (MX_ROLE entry-type) but your approval assignment is for a 'PVO' (which is a MX_PENDING_VALUE entry-type). Based on your description you are trying to assign a role and are expecting the role assignment to be approved. So the configuration should match this expectation:

Perhaps this setting might solve your problem.

Good luck -- let me know!!

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am not using Role Owner Approval concept, Manager should approve the Pending Approval Request, once I request for the Role, Manager should get Approval request in ToDo Tab. I am using MX_MANAGER attribute not MX_OWNER attribute for Approve.

Please suggest me what is the meaning of the options - Auto approve inherited Assignments and Re-autheticate in Approval Pass.

Please suggest,

Regards,

Kishor Kajale

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor,

just click on the Help-button in that screen and you can read up on what those options means.

Regards,

Steffi.

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To confirm that the approver is set correctly, can you see the manager's MSKEY in the MX_APPROVERS-attribute of PVO in database? Or can you print that value out in the approval workflow before the PVO gets deleted?

I am using Sp9 with the latest patches that were available in early October and the basic approval stuff works per SAP's documentation.

Have you defined the "get approvers from" with option "pending value object" and "approval type" with option "assignment"? That's all I've done besides assigning the MX_APPROVERS=%SUBJECT.MX_MANAGER% to get the basic stuff working.

Had some trouble with earlier Sp9 patches where the escalation timeouts weren't calculated correctly and the assignment got rejected automatically. Cannot remember the exact details or patch levels would have to see the OSS-message to confirm. Do you have timeouts defined? Take them off and retest?

Auto-approve inherited assignments means that the roles (which have approval defined) inherited in role-hierarchy are approved if the parent is approved. With pre 7.2 IdMs you had to check the attributes of PVO in the approval workflow and do the approval of inherited roles in script (if auto-approval was needed). I guess that re-authenticate means that the user's credentials are prompted before approval.

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Approval Task, We are getting values like Mskeyvalue of Pending Value using getEntryID function, User Mskey in MX_ENTRY_REFERNCE attribute, Privilege mskey in MX_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE attribute, and Manager Mskey in MX_APPROVERS attribute (return value).

On Approval Pass We have defined the "get approvers from" with option "pending value object" and "approval type" with option "assignment".

Approval Type - "Basic" is working fine, Approval Pending Request is populating in Approver's ToDo Tab, problem with Pending Value Object, Approval framework is not working with Pending Value Object.

We are generating trace using idm/admin/ portal - IDM UI in Trace Tab, Trace is unable to generate for any Entry, even idmv_trace_data and idmv_trace_basic tables are empty, nothing is populating in this tables, this is strange.

Please suggest me is there any problem with Pending Value Object.

Regards,

Kishor Kajale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please Give me the solution, its urgent.

Regards,

Kishor Kajale

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I had followed exact steps as per the document https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26322 and it worked for me. As Tero mentioned above,

Have you defined the "get approvers from" with option "pending value object" and "approval type" with option "assignment"? That's all I've done besides assigning the MX_APPROVERS=%SUBJECT.MX_MANAGER% to get the basic stuff working.

So , I created a ordered group with two tasks

1 - To add MX_MANAGER to MX_APPROVER,

2 - Approval task with type "Assignment" and approvers from "Pending Object Value"

It looks like,

Add Approver task has MX_APPROVERS=%SUBJECT.MX_MANAGER% in destination tab

Linked the task root to "Validate Add" task of the role.

It worked, the manager was able to see the approval request. Please confirm if you had followed the steps above? and can you try raising request for an user with different manager and see if the issue prevails?

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Please confirm if the approver's mskey is maintained in "Visibility" tab of the role being raised in approval task.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan