Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with attachment in soap protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in SOAP--> ABAP proxy senario.

We want to send data from PI to ECC. For this purpose we used soap adapder sender with the option keep attachement, and XI adapter reciever.

When we generate the wsdl from the sender agrement, and want to test the webservice using SOAPUI: If we didn't add an attachement, all works fine, and data are transmited to ECC, but when we add an attachment, we didn't find any entry sxmb_moni in PI.

This is the request :

The response is :

Could you tell me what the issu of what I did ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The probleme is solved while implementing 1522630 'XI runtime: Payload ignored due to parsing error.

Cordialy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I add the attachement, I always find message in ADAPTER ENGINE as scheduled.

any idea ??

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any other messages in the error state for that interface? if so cancel them first.

And as i said earlier, if you open that message, you can find more details under audit log which should let you know why that message is in scheduled state..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In message monitoring I find the attachement but it's in waiting statut:

<SOAP:Body xmlns:phd="" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<sap:Manifest xmlns:sap="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">

<sap:Payload xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="cid:pi_version.PNG">

<sap:Name>attachment-1</sap:Name>

<sap:Description>attachment</sap:Description>

<sap:Type>ApplicationAttachment</sap:Type>

</sap:Payload>

<sap:Payload xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="cid:payload-7b2cf31b879911e4a51f000001b4248a@sap.com">

<sap:Name>MainDocument</sap:Name>

<sap:Description>Main XML document</sap:Description>

<sap:Type>Application</sap:Type>

</sap:Payload>

</sap:Manifest>

</SOAP:Body>

</SOAP:Envelope>

How can I solve this problem??

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in runtime workbench did you see any other messages in error state for this interface?

If so cancel those error messages first.

Also as requested please share the audit log information. (open that message -> go to audit log tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use 'Cancel' button, the error message does'nt desappear.

log :

SOAPFault received from Integration Server. ErrorCode/Category: XIServer/ATTRIBUTE_INITIAL; Params: Manifest cid:pi_version.PNG; AdditionalText: null; ApplicationFaultMessage: null; ErrorStack: Attribute Manifest cid:ATTACHMENT.PNG is initial.

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Received HTTP response code 500 : Error during conversion of XI message.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the quality of service in your sender channel? Make sure it is "Exactly Once" as it's an async interface.

Also check if the below note is applicable to you.

1501345 - XI runtime: Manifest <attachment-name> is initial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It's Exacly once' , and the note is implemented in our system.

Cordialy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did'nt implement the method to read the attachment in ECC System. Should I do that befor testing?

Or I can see the attachment in sxmb_moni of PI system directly ??

Cordialy

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as long as you enable "keep attachment" in soap sender channel and using the correct URL to post the message then you should be able to see the attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI version has no effect ??

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it has some effect. It only differs when you have integrated configuration(complete flow on java stack) object than classical configuration.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try having an entry on the Part column?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even If I make it as ananymous, I didn't find any entry in sxmb_moni of PI

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

There are some PI versions with a few notes associated with bugs in messages proccesing with attachments, but in your PI and SP level. I was thinking that your messages with attachments are being stuck in the Adapter Engine. Could you check this wiki Messages stuck on Integration Server - Process Integration - SCN Wiki the adapter engine documentation?.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas ??

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

1. Can you check & confirm if you have Enabled (Checked) Keep attachment option in your Sender SOAP CC

2. Did you try posting with some other type of attachment file (xml, txt or jpg)  and test if it works

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have checked 'keep attachment', and I tried with different type attachment file, no result.

The version of PI has no impact ??

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

Tell us your PI version and SP level as well.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am in asynchnrounous mode.This is my version pi and SP :

Cordialy

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

Kindly go to the transactions SMQ2 y SMQ1 and check if you have any queue lock and try to unlock it. For example:

Double click in the line:

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  have empty queue in PI.No entry found.

Cordialy

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

It's a really weird issue, because if without attachment you can see the message in the sxi_monitor the problem can't be in the URL. Have you checked if the message has arrived at the Adapter engine?, check it in the RWB (or Configuration and Monitoring Home)-> Message Monitoring  -> Adapter Engine

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I find the message in Adapter engine. In the SOAPUI I use ' enable inline file', so even if I add the attachement I can see the entry in my sxmb_moni,but that contain any attachement.

Any idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I make the ' enable inline files' to false, and I add an attchment, I didn't find any entry in sxmb_moni, and in the adapter engen I find it with ' waiting' statut

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need anything in your WSDL and you don't need to enable inline file. it can be false.

You can send the attachments as unknown type. i.e, directly add the attachment in soap UI under attachments tab.

After sending the message form SOAPUI, monitor your sender channel and open the message. You should see two entries (one for the actual xml and the other containing the attachment) under message content -> message part.

>>>> in the adapter engen I find it with ' waiting' statuts

Open that message and go to Audit log and share the screen shot with us

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

The response when adding an attachment looks like an asynchronous one. Have you checked if:

1. quality of service is synchronous

2. keep attachments is checked

Regards,

Mark

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the URL you are using to post the message to PI from SOAP UI ? Are you hitting the IE directly?

If so change the URL to

• http:// <host name> : <port name> /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party name> : <service name> : <channel name> . If you have not created a party, enterchannel=: <service name> : <channel name>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quiq response.

Is the service name = communication component ?

and channel = name of my communication channel ( sender)?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes right. service name is Business component and channel is communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use these parametre in my URL ( sender parametre), but still have the same problem.

My wsdl should not have any information about the attachment?, in my operation mapping should I add somthing to take this attachment? or it's enought to use the ' keep attchment'?

Cordialy