cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi is not taking input from mii

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using custom bapi, in which I am inserting data to SAP from MII. All fields are inserting except for one field that is batch (datatype : varchar).

I checked in SAP, it is giving error as that Batch cannot be blank. When I insert same data from SAP (manually), its working fine.

Please help me in this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try clearing the JCo cache using the URL below:

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May also want to test it in BAPI/SE37 with the exact same inputs as in MII.  Then compare the result set you see in BAPI/SE37 to the result set in MII, with a focus on the inputs show after processing.  There may be some default values being set there that are missing in MII's mapping.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

Have you mapped the field to a value in JCo function action block?

Regards,
Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I mapped all fields of BAPI from JCo function action block. I am also getting response .In the response XML I am getting that field values. But when I checked in SAP that value is going as blank. Is it Bapi issue ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a customer BAPI that you are calling? If it is you could debug at SAP end and see what values are coming in the incoming call.

Regards,

Anushree

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjiri,

Please check if you have any keywords in the values field. It might be the case that keywords are getting evaluated like tab for a tab space that comes up as blank.

Thanks and Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Where should i check exactly? In MII or in SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Anushree,

Yes it is a custom bapi. I will try to debug it from SAP .