cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA STUDIO 2.0 and Tenant DB (HANA SP09)connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to my HANA instance created as Multi-tenant DB(Native) using the HANA Studio which I have upgraded to version 2.0.

I am able to successfully connect to SYSTEMDB.

But when I try to connect to the tenant DB (which is up an running)

using the HANA studio it fails to find this and didn't connect.

The tenant DB is running and perfectly OK as I can connect to it use hdbsql \c command from my PC as well (after specifying the port number 30041 along with the host number).

In HANA studio I don't find a place where I can specify the port number. I have tried by using -n hostname:port in the additional JDBC option text box but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

you don't have to provide the port, just give the correct Tenant DB name with host and instance number.

I am working on a machine with 3 Tenant DBs and all of them have different ports then 30015, in my case my tenant DB is running on port 30044

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Getting same issue post a command line conversion from single instance to MDC. HANA Studio can connect to SystemDB, and even connect to the original instance HDB, but not as a tenant as it respond on 30015. Even after creating a new tenant through HANA studio just fails to connect.

As others in this thread I have created a new tenant and can connect using hdbsql but not HANA studio.

I'm on the latest HANA Studio 2.3.6.

Anyone discover a solution?

Regards

Simon C.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the installation you have to create the DB (same SID) using below SQL command after that only you able to add the tenant DB in the hana studio.

CREATE DATABASE <DBNAME> SYSTEM USER PASSWORD <PASSWORD>

Thanks

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but I have created a database in this case DB1, but neither that nor the original single instance database HDB which is now a tenant database can be added to HANA Studio as tenants. when you try to add them as systems in HANA Studio it just hangs, returns an error saying they can't be reached do you want to add anyway.

The odd thing is that post the conversion HDB can been connected to from HANA Studio but not as a container/tenant but just as it was just before the conversion as it's listening on port 30015.

Regards

Simon C.

Honealr
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/ff/e46fc6c592466d847047b7587476fb/content.htm

The link above is for information on how to map network for database client when multiple networks or firewalls affect connection to Tenant database via Hana Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide the error that you get in studio on adding the tenant db.

Regards,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

You don't need to specify the port number when adding SAP HANA system. Just input the host name, instance number -> Select "Multiple containers" -> Input the name of the tenant database container -> Next -> Input the username and password -> Finish.

That's it.

Best regards,

Wenjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wenjun,

Thanks for the suggestion.Unfortunately I have already tried it earlier and it doesn't work for me.

Since the Tenant DB connects at port 30041 and the HANA studio shows the port number as 30015 also for tenant DB, I thought to pass the new port number via the additional parameters of JDBC.

Is there anywhere some changes to be done in HANA Server Configuration itself to enable the Tenant DB connectivity with HANA studio?

Any ideas?

Best Wishes

Anurag

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Did you find any solution for this. am also stuck with the same issue and i able to add only SYSTEMDB, when am trying to add tenant db its not connecting. is there anything needs to be done before adding the tenant database into studio.

Please suggest the process to add the tenant database into studio.

Thanks

Raju

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

After Native installation you have to create the DB using below SQL command after that only you able to add the tenant DB in the hana studio.

CREATE DATABASE <DBNAME> SYSTEM USER PASSWORD <PASSWORD>

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Raju