Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different notification for RED alerts and YELLOW alerts

branislav_greger3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am searching for a solution how to differentiate the notification channel for RED alerts and YELLOW alerts.

For RED alerts, I need to set-up SMS with e-mail notification, while for YELLOW alert e-mail notification only - no one would like to be awaken up with an SMS at 3am due to 80% file system which can wait until morning.

As far as I checked the notification settings capabilities this is not possible in SM 7.1 SPS 11 - there is no way how to differentiate the channels for RED alerts and YELLOW alerts - maybe only with some very complex solution like doubling all alerts - one for YELLOW only, one for RED only, both for different users - one with e-mail as default notification method, one with SMS notification method.

This could however, grow to an unmanageable complex rules.

I think there should be a simple solution - to set a filter in the "My notification settings" where for example SMS will be only for RED alerts, while e-mail for both.

Thanks for any suggestiions,

Branislav GREGER

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could leverage the badi/auto reaction to kick off a script that shoots the SMS out, I assume you could kick out some of the information from the metric, SID as example, to know which system to get back to working order.

I also see an option in in my notifications tab under advanced settings a BADI_DYN_INCI_NOTIF_MULTIPLE and a drop down with Notification routing with BRF+ and text variable replacement.  This looks to be CRM specific and might be leveraged more for Incident tickets vs alerts; but came across this regardless that might help - Support Team Determination via Business Rule Framework plus - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solut...