Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast with manually corrected history

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

For some items, the history is not stable  , for that items, I would like to correct history manually and I need system to use the corrected history for forecast .How to do this settings in system.

Thanks to help.

Thanks,

Vijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

The correction of the history is a common activity in the routine of a demand planner.

Depending on your APO DP design, you could have a key figure to add adjustment or corrections to the history. Check your plannig books and Data views and try to find a key figure call History adjustments or history corrections..

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please find the enclose image  I hope it ill help you out.

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

You can do all your manipulations in one KF, say KF1 and use this KF as your history KF for forecast calculation.

Go to MSDP_ADMIN, find your planning area, double click....Go to Extras Tab....Forecast settings, and define your history keyfigure and later "Adopt"

Regards

JB

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagannadha,

Actually  key figure is already activated in the planning but system is calculating the corrected history and when am trying to update corrected history manual, system is overwriting the value..how to block it ?

thanks,

Vijesh

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

I guess you are changing the same KF as the system calculated one. I suggest you to copy the corrected history to a new KF (eg Kf1), perform your adjustments on KF1 and use this as the base for your forecast.

So, if the system calculates the corrected history, it will still not be considered for forecast.

Regards

JB

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

You can not overwrite the history. You should have three key figures:

- History (this is updated from the sales history)

- History Adjustments (here you can enter your corrections)

- Total History (this would be the sum of the previous two...)

So the statistical forecast will be executed based on the Total History that included the corrections. If you don't have a separate key figure for the corrections, then you will not be able to manage the modifications in a simple way.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JAGANNADHA BIRAKAYALA

I inserted one more additional KF in planning book for  corrected history manual..when am trying to save the data  in that filed it is getting empty.. am not able to save any data in that filed.

Thanks to help.

Regards,

Vijesh

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Seems like you are using Auxiliary keyfigure. These keyfigures are only for the session, and meant for intermediate calculation. Once out of the session, it will not save any value.

You have to include at Plannaing Area level.

Regards

JB