cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BRBACKUP support RMAN incrementally updated backups ?

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I did not find it in the official documentation at:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8910c3a-0d01-0010-a6a9-f4a8aae14...

so I would like to ask just out of curiosity: Does BRBACKUP support the RMAN incrementally updated backups, as described

in the following link, point 4.4.3:

4.4 RMAN Incremental Backups

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the document you linjed, page 5, it talks about incremental backups. I quote (page 5)

BRBACKUP supports incremental backups of the database with RMAN. The Oracle Recovery Manager offers two types of incremental backup: cumulative and differential. The integration of RMAN into BRBACKUP is restricted to cumulative incremental backups at level 1.

sooo,

what was the question, again?

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

You should rather check the oracle link. There they describe an incremental backup, which doesn't require a level 0 backup:

The BACKUP INCREMENTAL LEVEL 1... FOR RECOVER OF COPY WITH TAG... command does not actually always create a level 1 incremental backup. If there is no level 0 image copy backup of an particular datafile, then executing this command creates an image copy backup of the datafile on disk with the specified tag instead of creating the level 1 backup.

My question is whether this is supported by BRBACKUP

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification

unfortunately BRBACKUP only support incremental backups with a level 0 taken before.

here you have a little description on how incremental backups with RMAN are supported with BRBACKUP

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Gracias, Fidel, I just needed a confirmation! And you delivered it 😉

Answers (0)