Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG Custom Data Model Issue

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having one requirement to include the text field containing the activity type description, the standrad table is CSLA which is having the data of text fields but strangely this table is not having any field like such,

I found text fields in separate table named as CSLT.

now, I have created a type-4 entity in my data model for CSLA attributes and its working fine, but not sure how can I incorporate this text field in my entity and how will the system recognize that text is specific to activity types.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any advice, I have also tried with creating a type 2 entity and assigning it to type 4 as referencing 1:N but still that text field values are not populating.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Create Text Field in Feader Class, you dont have to add it in Data Model and when you activate the CR data will go and get store in table.

Please find attached screen shot.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, I don't need to save the text field data in database table.

My requirement is I am having an activitytype from CSLA table as type3 entity,  now this type 3 entity is linked to type 4 as qualifying and showing in the form of List UIBB, now in the UI side I want a column to be displayed as text field conatining activity type description, but CSLA table is having no field called as text for activty types  rather we have a separate table called CSLT.

How can I achieve this functionality to show activity type description in my LIST UIBB.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu

If you select Short Text or Long Text check box and specify lenth for respective entity type then it can be shown in UIBB also