cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Date Format Not Reflecting In Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Design Studio 1.4 and creating an application on top of a UNX which is built on top of a ECC Table.

We have a object at the UNX Level with "Date" type. The default format is "May 1, 2013". We changed it to different formats like "May-2013","1st May, 2014" etc. through the "Edit Data Format Display" option athe Object Level in IDT.

Here are the screenshots.

Default Object Format:

Customised Object Format In IDT:

Updated Format In IDT:

When I use this Object at the Design Studio side, the data source displays the default format as defined on the ECC end. However, when I click on the "Edit Query Specifications", the results preview panel does reflect the updated data format as defined in the UNX.

Here are the screenshots:

Data Preview under "Edit Query Specifications" while defining the Data Source on UNX, it reflects the updated format like "Jan-2014":

Data Preview On "Edit Initial View" of Data Source, displays the original format as on the ECC side:

Application view also refers to the original data format as in ECC:

Has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Mitalee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing similar issue, the source is BW. Have you received any resolution?

Thanks

Ritesh

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Design Studio is formatting the dates based on the user locale (which is coming mainly from browser local, but can be also changed in the system). This means any special date formats are (normally) ignored.

In your case I am not quite sure how this is handled as this is the Universe specification. If the definition is an official function (which seems to be) you could open customer incident - as this could be also a bug on the way between the BICS layer and Universes.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Thanks for your response.

We will raise a incident with the SAP Support and check with them.

Thanks & Regards,

Mitalee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitalee,

have you ever got an answer to this question?

Thanks & Regards,

Markus