cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use own text (vim) editor with SAP MII?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using vim for editing text files. Is it possible to use it with MII? I would imagine that I'm using vim on my PC, then I click "synchronize", and all the changes are populated into the SAP MII database. It is very ineffective, to click Import and then select all the files that have been changed all the time.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor

Out of the box no. You can though build it if you want to. You will have to use the MII Catalog services to read and write files.

However I would discourage you to do this as this is potentially dangerous.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

isn't it possible to reach the SAP MII file server and edit directly those files on that system?

The SAP MII Workbench window is slow, ugly, small letters, highlighting bad..... and i'm not able to utilize the advantages of a text editor.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using MII 11.5 there is a file system and you may use it. From MII 12.0 onwards file system is replaced by DB tables. It is very risky to change the files directly in the DB as there are lots of caches and other associated tables which you might miss.

0 Kudos

OMG....

we are using 12.0++, thank you though

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a free plugin for Eclipse out there you may want to look into. I have never used it so maybe some others can comment.

mii-deployer - Eclipse plugin for SAP MII - Google Project Hosting

I am working on a commercial product that will enable easy integration of external development tools and plan to release a beta early next year. If you have interest in participating you can email your contact info to beta(at)xmii.guru

Regards,
Christian

Answers (0)