Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we migrate master data to Business suite on HANA

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we have legacy system ERP 6.0 on Oracle. Now we want a new Business suite on HANA box where we want to migrate only the master data from the old system not the transactional data. How we are going to do that

I am finding these two ways

- Install Business suite hana ERP6.0 ehp7  and migrate the master data from old legacy system via SLT , DS tools. Can I use LSMW tool here

- Install Business suite hana ERP6.0 ehp7 and make a client export import. But this requires old legacy system to upgrade to ERP 6.0 ehp7 mean to say we have to be in same patch level for source & target

Let me know if I am correct or give me a better solution for this activity.

Regards,

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A third option might be to migrate to SAP HANA using the Database Migration Option (DMO) option in SUM. With DMO your migrate and upgrade actions are only on the target system. The source systems isn't upgraded. When DMO is finished you can do the client export/import in the SAP HANA system.

Here some info on DMO: and

If you want to learn more on the DMO tool usage there is an course for that to: HA250 - Migration to SAP HANA using DMO.

-- Hay

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Hay.

But our source is not in Oracle 11.2, which is prerequisite for HANA migration. So first we have to upgrade that source database. Correct me if wrong. Again which will take a long time. So I am looking for any other solution apart from whole migration activity.

Regards,

Jituda

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So your ECC 6.0 system is running on Oracle 10.2. Looking at the PAM ECC 6.0 can run on Oracle 10.2 but also can use Oracle 11.2 when using a current SAP Kernel.

So it's only a database upgrade. I don't know how long it will take to do the database upgrade, but there is an minimal downtime patching method for Oracle. See SAP Note 1949451. Maybe that helps?

Answers (0)