cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common number range for SD (billing) and FI (Customer Debit) Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are working on the requirement to enable Invoice format for a Malaysian client based on the GST regulation to be effective from 01st of April'2015. Based on the up-coming GST regulations, it is required that there is a unique number range followed for the Malaysian plants and for all Invoices i.e. SD/ FI/ CS or PS invoices should share the same number range. I have three queries for which I request for the experts' opinions-

1) Is it possible to have a unique number range for various document types? As far as my understanding goes, an object is assigned to a document type and hence it is not possible to share a number range object among multiple document types?

2) Has a similar requirement been requested for VAT or GST from other governments?

3) Is the requirement for having unique serial number for invoices,  as understood and explained here, different from what the government has laid down? The link below  can be accessed for accessing the GST regulation defined by Malaysian government.

http://www.gstmalaysia.co/gst-for-business/35/

Please let me know your opinions and advice on this. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to have Same SD&FI document number--then Extremely sorry to disagree with respected members.

Example:

Your Billing doc number range key: 01(numbers from 1 to 999999999)(Object:RV_BELEG)

Your Financial Doc type (example-RV)-with number key: Z1--(Numbers should be same like 1 to 999999999)(Object:RF_BELEG)

Now for your Number range assignments at OBA7(double click) or followed by FBN1--Activate the external indicator against Z1.

Now see --all your Billing document number and accounting document number will be same whenever any invoice/Cancellations done.

Note: If your requirement is having two billing documents/FI documents with same number--Sorry Obviously not possible..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you cannot have the same number range for multiple document types and from your comments, if it is going to be a statutory requirement, before implementing any user exit, raise an OSS message with SAP who would guide you to meet the Business requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We can have same number range for different document types based on number range configuration but we can't have same number twice or even its very difficult or you can say more likely impossible to have same SD and FI document numbers.

Every country has different number range requirements. SAP has delivered some country specific solutions as well and SAP has also delivered some userexits to determine custom number ranges.

Your requirement is to have same number range for invoices which is very much possible by assigning same number range object to multiple document types.

Thank$