Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Server not starting after changing system language

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I just recently made an SMP 3.0 installation and the corresponding Work Manager 6.1.

Since the customer needed the app in spanish, I have downloaded the Language Pack from SDWC.

Before I continued installing the language pack, I was able to have the server up and running, tested it both from the ATE and the Agentry Client (just in case you wonder if it was working before).

Then I started the translation, for which I followed these steps:

1) Created a "Localizations" folder within the Application folder.

2) Placed the corresponding three files from the language pack in previous folder (all related to spanish)

3) Started the server, used the Management Cockpit and stated the path for the folder and language code in the corresponding app settings.  Saved and stopped running server

4) Changed windows system language from english to spanish.  Logged off as the system prompts you to do so.

5) When logged back in, if I try to start the server once again, the cmd windows that it pops up just blinks really fast and process is terminated.  No logs are available for this, and there is no server up

If I change the windows system language back to english, then the server starts once again. 

Does anyone knows what is wrong here? If I am doing something wrong or anything related?  I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need to change the System language to Spanish, only the devices.

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

In this particular case, customer won't be using any mobile device, just the Agentry Client (notebooks).  In that case, should I switch system language?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you changing the system language on the machine with the SMP Server or on one of the notebooks?  You should need to change the language on the SMP Server, only the netbooks.

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As of now I am having a test SMP server running on my notebook.  So I have both (the server and the client) running on the same computer.  The customer's dev server is facing connectivity issues which they are trying to solve

So, based on what you are saying, once dev server is fine, then we should only change the system language on each other computer that will run the client, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is what happening is when you change system languages it is messing up the SMP Server, not the part of adding the localization files onto the Agentry Server.  If you want to test.  Remove the the localiztion files from the SMP Server and start the server while the OS is in Spanish to see if it happens again.

Answers (0)