cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Management on AIX (64-Bits) for CRM system (SAP Netweaver 7.0)

former_member235282
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to get the  formula to determine the following  memory  profile parameters for a  CRM SAP Netweaver 7.0  on AIX  to 64Bits.

ztta/roll_extension

abap/heap_area_dia

abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

I have found  in the note  425207  a formula to get the value for the parameter  ztta/roll_extension (4096 - ztta/max_memreq_MB) * 1024 * 1024 – 1 but this formula doesn’t relate the physical parameters  (RAM and SWAP).

It is necessary  to recalcute these parameters since we are having problems with  memory  since the work process goes into “PRIV” mode  and starts using heap memory.

The suggestion is to change the values mentioned according to physical resources of each server (taking into account that  the  CRM system  works with  5 applications  servers)

My question is, does anybody know the formula that includes the physical parameters of the server (RAM) to calculate  these parameters values?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member235282
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks  RAM

I wonder whether it also applies to  SAP Netweaver  versions or  only for SAP R / 3.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

an estimation is

ram+swap = heap + extended memory

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes plus since it is CRM system, usually no large/heavy/memory intensive jobs. so give enough memory for database and extended memory. for heap you can go into swap

Former Member
0 Kudos