cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. I had created a material X with 10 quantity of batch number 120, another 10 quantity of batch number 121, another 10 of batch number 122. So in total I had x material of quantity 30 with different batch numbers.

But now I had created a sales order for material X for 15 pieces, But system is confirming only 10 quantity of batch 120, but it is not taking into account of the same material with different batch numbers. Why it is taking only one batch even though I had mentioned no . of batch splits as 5 and checked the button for changes allowed in the tcode VCHN1.

2 Please let me know what is batch split? Is batch split can be done both in sales order and delivery?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva!

As I know, for technical reasons, in sales order you CANNOT MAKE BATCH SPLIT. The batch split can be made only in delivery document.

I hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

I had checked the availability check in the material master record, assign class to that material in classification view. In MB58 it is showing the stock of material X For 10 quantity each in all the batches.Still in the sales order I am getting confirmed quantity for 10 pieces of batch number 120, remainning 5 I am getting confirmed after a later date. In the sales order when I goto batch determination there it is showing the Quantity 10 each in all the batches(here I am getting the message that batch splits are limited to 001)

Here actually what I want is the system should take 10 quatntiy of batch 120 and remainning 5 from batch 121.

Please let me know if anywhere I had gone wrong.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you verify and apply the SAP note 920936, also verify the SAP note 730740 & 25444. I hope this help you to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Murali

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

Chek ur complete configuration in Material master reocrd. u might have missing in assigning class in classification.

or

chek the stock overview -MB5B,

which gives in detail abt the stock with batches,

n chek once again abt batch condition records- VCH2,

in sales order u need to choose the material batches manually from goto-batch determination.

*Hope it adds info

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your selection criteria in VCHN1. Also check the option “Dialog batch determination” so that to check whether manually you can select the rest of the batches or not. Once you know the reason then later you can switch off this option.

You can do auto batch determination for sales order items and delivery items in customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check the availability check and see if all the materials you created as different batches are available or not?

It could have been consumed by previous pending orders...

regards

Biju