cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assgin released transport request created outside charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently on solution manager 7.1 SP10.

Can we assign released transport requests which were created outside charm in normal or urgent change document?

Awaiting  reply.

Thanks,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar and Louis,

Thank you for reply.

I checked in transport management block, but not able to find transports which are released.

Can we register released transport in task list? If yes,  can somehow include in change document?

Thanks,

Richa

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richa

This is clearly mentioned in the help.sap on how you can assign them to change documents

Assign Transport Requests - Change Request Management - SAP Library

In the Transport Management block, check for this option...search for TRs and assign them.

hope this resolves

Thanks

Prakhar

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Prakhar,

The question was about the released TR. Those are not assignable ... without cCTS.

For the free TR, the assignment works well. 

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

yes you are understanding is correct and this is what I have meant.

the cCTS was developed to overcome problems with old infrastructure of CTS.

otherwise the assignment of open TR works from a very long time you don't need to be on SP10 version and you can check my reply on below thread with relevant sap note

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1528944

the only option of getting released TRs to be assigned is to first have cCTS in place or its mandatory because this also helps to assign 3rd party TRs as well ....a fantastic work by SAP Developers I must say.:)

Thanks

Prakhar

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

I think yes (I have read this possiblity somewhere) ... but I could not remember how.

EDIT : see chapter Flexibility with Released Transports and Handling of External Transports

So, it's not an easy task to setup ...

Repacking a new TR seem the only "quick" solution ...