cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to creaty Hierarchy field from fields of joined table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

I've to maintain the MDM data by upload of data. I've sucessfully updated table of Product hierarchy and now I'd need to update the table of products where is the field which behaves like product hierarchy (tree). I've the fieds of hierarchy in different sheet of XLS than the product data.

I've tried two ways none of them lead to the solution

a/ I've linked the hierachy table with product using Join and Looked up all the fields which builds the hierarchy (Parent, Code, Name) and wanted to create a hierarchy field from these looked-up fields. I've got some error (I don't see the text)

b/ I've first created the Hierarchy field in the table with data for hierarchy and then joined this table to table with product data. I can now look-up created hierarchy field but the result (if I look into mapping tab) is not tree but the single values seprated by some delimiter.

Please, can anyone help me how to map source information which is in form A001001 (which means first sub-item of first hierarchy item) in product data into destination hierarchy (which I see as tree - and this tree was built from table containing values in 3 columns in following format:  A001001 - as code; A001 - as parent and "Sub-hier1" as name )

Thank you very much

Best regards

Radek Hanus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems I've helped myself.

-  Just for others - on the Hierarchy field Looked-up from table with hierachy data I've executed the command Split Hierarchy and now I've Looked-up field Hierarchy ( with tree structure)

Answers (0)