cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BAPI response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a scenarion where I am posting some 10000 records using BAPI,now i wish to send back ack to the sending application for all these records.I can't use sync call as the number of records coming in the same posting is very large.

Please suggest a solution

Thx in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once the records are updated make a trgger to an o/b interface to initiate a response...here there is no req of sync call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Could you please explain how to make this trigger as i am new SAP and how i will be able to send response back

Thx in advance

Regards,

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u need to create one more interface (client proxy to achieve this). run a report to see if any updates are made to the table...if yes then call the method for triggering the proxy....u can check SDN for client proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

What is sender system?

Is it File ->XI->Rfc scenario or any other?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan ,

Sender System is JMS and its JMS - XI - RFC scenario

Regards

Message was edited by:

Amit K Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Your problem is you do not want to wait for response in synchronous communication because your BAPI is taking time in posting data, But you want to send acknowledgment back.

So you can implement one other scenario (Custom IDOC or custom Rfc)->XI->JMS with response data . And trigger that (Custom IDOC or custom Rfc) within some Userexit of your BAPI if BAPI is standard. If BAPI is custom then no problem in adding trigger program for this new scenario.

Try to explore whether u can do this above solution or not.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I faced a similar problem once .

Actually RFC's and BAPI's are not capable of handling this much volume of data .

Rather put your BAPI in a synch proxy .Then you will not aforementioned volume related problem.How try to size limit per message atmost 5 mb.

Regards,

Deepak