cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP implementation question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we developed an application which is synchronizing data through an android systems -> SMP 2.3 SP 4 -> DOE and the backend. This works fine.

Now we have to manage much bigger datasets, around 90MB * 10 elements for the initial request load. During peak times we will have up to 20 users in parallel loading up to 10 items with max 90 MB per item. Those items are PDF's, stored in an content provider, connected via KPRO to R/3.

Worstcase scenario will be: 20 * 10 * 90 = 18 GB.

As the SMP can't handle such values, we are thinking of different ways to handle the big datasets. The question, could we use the authorisation module of SMP, to avoid double authorisations against e.g. a NW Gateway system? We would try to connect directly with the backend, via gateway service, icm handler and KPRO for example? Is there any way to handle this via SMP? Maybe to switch between ODP and HTTP requests?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I would suggest to use DCN for large sum of data. It enable backend data change propagation to cache with lowest cost when compared to on demand and scheduled. But it will not help in high initial data load.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

How will your mobile device handle 18GB?  Seems like a pretty hefty amount of data to send to a mobile device, especially a phone.

Thanks, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

the mobile device will be a android tablet, sry I forgot this info. One user will only get 90MB * 10 elements = 1 GB a time. The summary of 20 user will lead us to ~18 GB, payload for the backend.

Thanks, Christian

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not as bad as I assumed.  Thanks for clarifying.