Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20N User Fields tab Restriction

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement for CJ20N to make some fields in the tab User Fields to be display only as shown below. Users should not be able to edit these two highlighted fields only. I did lot of trial and error but could not restrict these two fields. Can anyone please advise if I need to check any special object which can grey out only these two fields ?

Regards,

Salman

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

google for "user defined fields in PS". You can assign your custom object to these fields and then access to them will be controlled via authorizations. Check also object C_PRPS_USR. It's a template that you are supposed to use.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your help. I checked object C_PRPS_USR but not able to identify which fields are related to Int.Budget 2015 and Int.Budget 2014.

Requirement is to grey out these fields for few users only.

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos

I found the technical names of Int.Budget 2015 and Int.Budget 2014

USR04

USR07

But auth object C_PRPS_USR doesn't have these fields to restrict. I can create custom object for these fields but what should be value inside the field to restrict.. not sure how does these fields work

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

read the PS documentation. Not just for object C_PRPS_USR. The creators of PS anticipated that different customers will require some custom fields on project/WBS structure. Hence they added custom fields USR00 - USR11 that can be used by customers. They are not used by SAP and they have different types. There are some character based, some date based and so on. The text that is displayed is controlled in configuration. In your case somebody decided that USR04 and USR07 will be used for budget. USR04 is meant for quantity and USR07 is meant for value. I am not sure why standard budgeting solution from SAP wasn't used but that's not important. These fields can be defined in SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> User Interface Settings -> Create User-Defined Fields for WBS Elements. The fields can be grouped by field key. For every field key you have an option to assign authorization object that will be checked. The object must have exactly same structure as object C_PRPS_USR. Hence you need to create a new custom object as a copy of C_PRPS_USR, assign it in SPRO to your fields. After that you can run authorization trace and see what is being checked by SAP.

Cheers