cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement to send ASN to customer in Third Party Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to send an ASN to the customer in the third party scenario. The current mapping looks like the following.

Steps are the following

1) Sales Order created based on incoming customer order

2) Outbound delivery created and delivery papers sent to vendor

3) Vendor Packs the goods Sends it to the customer. Same time the vendor sends us (Business) delivery details and packaging information.

4) Outbound delivery is changed based on information received (Packed) and goods issue created. ( Negative stocks posted )

5) ASN sent out to the Customer

6) Customer is billed.

Unlike the typical third paty scenario there is a seperate purchasing cycle executed later on, and a goods receipt is created to balance the goods issue that created a negative stock earlier.

I had a very similar requirement earlier in which I needed to send delivery papers to the customer. That was solved by creating an inbound delivery aganist the purchase order, adding the packaging information and triggering an output from the inbound delivery to send delivery papers to the customer (an output which looks like a delivery paper).  I am thinking of something along the same lines, keeping it as close as possible to the standard third party scenario, the additional requirement being- I have to send an ASN also this time to the custome

The question is, ( just thinking loud here)

1) How do I create an ASN from the business side if there is only an inbound delivery? Is it even possible by tweaking something?

or

2) Is it somehow possible to create an outbound delivery based on the inbound delivery keeping all the goods postings statistical and then create an ASN based on the outbound delivery?

or

Create an outbound delivery based on the PO created to the vendor? (Keeping all postings statistical)

Please let me know if you require any further information or if I am not clear enough. I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.

Thanks and regards

ES

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I might have found a solution. My current third party process involved a statistical Goods receipt. In my business case I only need to send out an ASN to the end customer. I flagged the 'Item relevant for delivery' indicator in the schedule line category CS.

Process.

1. Create the Sales Order ( Automatic purchase requisition created)
  2. Create Purchase order with reference to the purchase requisition.
  3. Create a MIGO aganist the Purchase order (When we get the information about delivery from vendor) which creates a statistical GR.
  4. This should trigger a delivery creation from the sales order. I hope to control the delivery quantity based on a form routine in the copy control between order and delivery so that it reflects the MIGO quantity. This will trigger the ASN to the customer
  5. Create invoice based on sales order for the MIGO quantity. This I control with settings in the copy control between order and billing.

ES

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

I believe your requirement is close to Individual Purchase order process in sap. If I am correct POD can fulfill your requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar and Prashant for your suggestions.

This is not an individual purchase order scenario, because we are not getting the physical stock ( in IPO scenario the business gets the physical stock). In our case, the stock goes directly to the customer from the vendor. But we (The business not the Vendor) has to send the ASN to the customer. This is the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ES,

Why don't you send the ASN during Step 4 (Delivery update & PGI) or during Invoice creation, via an output type?

Kindly let us know your concerns in this regard.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Samir,  Thats how it is done in the 'As Is' situation. The problem with that flow is that negative stocks are being posted and later on a separate purchasing cycle an 'actual' goods receipt is being done to clear the negative stock.

My aim is to keep the GR statistical at the same time have the ability to send an ASN from the business side to the customer- When the vendor confirms (to the business) delivery from his side (to the customer).

In the typical third party scenario we do not have a outbound delivery. In our case I think we would need one, which would make it similar to the Individual purchase order, but without actual booking of stocks because we ( the business) are not getting the physical stock.

The flow could be

Sales Order => Purchase Requisition => Purchase Order => Incoming ASN ( From Vendor) based Inbound delivery Creation ( Optional Packing ) => Goods Receipt  ( Statistical ) => Some how an outbound delivery creation based on Inbound delivery created ( Investigating if this is even possible) => ASN triggered from Outbound delivery => Customer Billing

Thanks and Regards

ES

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I have a doubt in your flow:

1) Sales Order created based on incoming customer order

when you forward this order to the vendor...

--you will receive the stock from the vendor - which is a special stock E - am I right to say this?

Thanks,

Sridhar.