cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number allowed sessions in screen personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone know if there is any way to restrict maximum number of allowed browser sessions with screen personas? Like ECC allows to open upto 6 working sessions. My client system allows to open unlimited number of persona browser sessions.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since Personas communicates with the backend the same way like the webgui does, the rules to webgui apply here. As far as I'm aware, you cannot restrict the number of distinct browser sessions.

Note 314568 describes the webgui-specific limitations and differences compared to the SAP GUI dialog sessions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Is there a workaround this in Screen Personas 3.0 SP03 to enable functionality for menu functions that open in new sessions?

Like in tcode FBL1N we are trying to open Invoice from "Attachements" menu, but in Screen Personas info message pop-up that maximum number if sessions reached.

Thanks,

Diana

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This would mean that the function you are calling perhaps starts a new transaction in a new session? You could try opening this transaction via the callTransaction Personas API method instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that we need to open up xFlow Invoice and GUI takes the user from FBL1N screen "Display Document: Line Item ..." through "Attachments" menu to xFlow Invoice which is displayed as transaction S000 (in a new session), which, in turn, does not exist as a separate Transaction.

Any thoughts how to achieve desired result in Screen Personas?

Thanks,

Diana

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It appears this functionality may not be supported in the webgui. Did you try to use it without Personas, i.e. via the webgui service with no flavor active?

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

You already pointed out SAP note 314568.

It is not possible to open a new session in WEBGUI/Personas, different than in WINGUI.

Usually the menu items that would trigger a new session are disabled by default (in new releases at least).

Cheers,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

With sap-personas-runmode=0 I get the same warning. I know the limitations of webgui, but this my question was about possible workarounds, as client wants to use Screen Personas, butI guess that in this case this is not possible, sadly.

Anyway, thanks for valuable insights and fast replies,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

We have the newest version of Screen Personas 3.0 SP03, and other menu items are disabled (like "Own Spool Requests"), but this option is enabled, well, at least in the menu list, but I guess it is because of the Easy Solution our client uses.

Regards,

Diana