Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Client Copy is taking long time

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to make client copy on the same system between two clients from 420 to 410. The copy is running since 20 hours and not finish yet and it showed at the begginng error in two table DDIC but it continues and till now it didn't finish. I have checked sm50 and it's running and in scc3 it's processing and it's showing that it's processing one table. Is this normal? And can we open the source client to some users? What if it took more and more time shall we terminated and what is the effect of cancellation?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any idea how big your client is (regarding GB/TB)? Did you check the (presumed) size beforehand (vai 'test run')? Client copies can easily run for days

GreetZ, AH

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ola,

It might not be a good option to open client to users in between ,there might be inconsistencies.

Please check tablespaces and make sure they are enough and check if update stats has been run

did you select the option of parallel processing before starting the client copy.

In SCCL ->Go to->Parallel Process->you have  an option to define maximum no of process which can be used .This will speed up the copy.

But in your case as copy is already started this might not help,just a point to note for next copies

Regards,

Murali

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually my mistake that i didn't do a test before the client copy, and the database is arount 250 GB, and for the tables spaces they are enough.

What is update stat?

I have choosen the option parallel process but choose the default number which is 4 i didn't increase it more.

What is your suggestion now? to wait till it finish or cancel it?

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

The database is around 250 GB and i'm trying to copy the configuration profile. It will take days ... Oh my god.

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Before 3 days we have restarted the client copy with more multiple processes and till now it's processing. Is it normal? it's runninig since 3 days and processing a big table. Any suggestion ???

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As the copy is already running there's nothing you can do. You should not open the source system to user, as it would create inconsistencies (tables are copied by alphabetic order and a user transaction could write data to tables that are already copied and some that are not copied yet).

Copying a 250 Gb client should not be an issue, even if this is a local copy that always run slower as is running on one host/db.

Remote client copy could run at an average speed of 10 MB/s, let say a local copy is running twice slower, if so it should take around 14 hours.

Since how long you copy is running ?

Few quick tips to speed up a copy.

Spend some time searching on SCN there are many post on that subject

- delete target client before copy

- exclude as many tables as possible

- start copying biggest table first (need to set option SINGLECOPY => 446485 - CC-ADMIN: Special copying options)

- raise parallelism as much as possible (increase dialog WP on target, check RFC quotas in RZ12 see attachment of note 142419 - Resource distribution for RFC and tRFC/qRFC configuration)

- if possible disable logging at DB level on target (489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients)

Less supported tip

- drop indexes on biggest copied table & recreate them after the copy (ideally in nologging mode)

Regards

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Yves,

Thanks for reply....This is my first time to do local copy, it's processing since 4 days. It's processing a big table "CDHDR". Moreover, We want only to copy the configuration not the data so we have choosen profile sap_ucsv. I feel that it's not progressing it's stucking on a select statement but shows that it's processing. Do you recommend to cancel it and exclude the big tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if tablespaces has sufficient space.

If you want only configuration , you can select sap_cust profile.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ola,

You can check SAP note 67205 and 489690.

Check log directory and trans directory space availability.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member556006
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Srinivasan,

I'll check the notes. But i need a solution for my case now?