cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fastly copy client..or refresh application data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I must copy PRD client with big size( approx 1.2 Tb) to on of the DEV client system (Please do not ask me why it should be done. The requirement for leadership.).

Previous attempts with profile SAP_APPL were unsuccessful. Can I just copy only the application data, like refresh app.data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

Simple you can perform the Dev system refresh from production system using Homogeneous system copy method

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer! But my dev system consist of 3 clients, If I update data of the system Dev using system copy, I lose data other clients.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your info, You can perform the client copy, if possible you can perform this activity during off peak time.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The copy process is too long

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert

Few quick tips, spend some time searching on SCN there are many post on that subject

- delete target client before copy

- exclude as many tables as possible

- start copying biggest table first (need to set option SINGLECOPY)

- raise parallelism as much as possible (increase dialog WP on target, check RFC quotas in RZ12)

- if possible disable logging at DB level on target

Less supported tip

- drop indexes on biggest copied table & recreate them after the copy (ideally in nologging mode)

If the source client is really weighting 1.2 Tb I'm afraid that even using these tips you won't make it.

At a throughput of 10Mb/s, which already quite a good speed it will take 35 hours to perform this copy... For consistency reason you should suspend jobs on source system (prod) during a copy... and there an not that much of customers that could afford suspending the users activity & jobs for more than a day.

One solution would be to be able to use a clone of the production server as a source, or use a QA/Pre-prod system that you could refresh from prod by system copy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

Thank you for your detailed response.

Unfortunately you do not say anything new. I was hoping that we can somehow just update the application data. Judging by the number of responses is impossible.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copying only application data only is not possible since 4.6 I think.

It won't help you to reduce your client copy run time as customizing tables are always very small compare to application tables.

I've never heard of a way to perform incremental client copy of SAP (application) data.

There are some tools for data transfer/refresh but they do not include such feature.

Have a look to that good post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!