cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have some contract laborers for whom we don't generate any employee ID but want to capture their cost in SAP PS using CATS.

Is there a way to book time for resources using their position such as mason, carpenter, supervisor etc. instead of using the employee ID?

Kindly help in providing a solution for the above requirement.

Best regards,

Shynu John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shynu

I don't  think you can do it without creating these as an External Employees in HR. Once these are created as External Employees you can book their time against a service PO or a WBS or Activity.

If you just want to capture the cost why don't you use External Activity functionality or maybe General Cost Activity and post actual directly?

Regards

Sammar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shynu,

CAT2 is designed to confirm time using Personal numbers, so without valid personal number you cannot do time confirmation.

If you want to capture time as externally, then you can create different service packages for each contractors and PR - PO - Service entry sheet.

In case if you do not want to capture the cost, but you want to capture the activity. Then create different work centres and assign activity types without cost in it. You can do confirmation through CN25 and get the actual hrs.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shynu,

You can create a Service PO against WBS and based on the number Labor Category or Positions include them as line items in the PO. The you can do a service entry for the same on daily or weekly basis to get the actual costs.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunith Rana

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shynu,

It is not clear what is the employee ID in your context.  To use CATS you will need HR mini-master record.

Now, there will be few options:

1. You can use one "technical" HR mini-master for different people.  But if you need a time approval process I'd not recommend that much.

2. You can organise the process the way that somebody else reports on their behalf, so no need to create SAP user id and providing them access to the system.

Reagrds,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Employee ID means Employee number in HR.

We don't want to create employee number for external/contract/hired resources in HR minimaster. I would like to know if there is any way in which I could use the position/resource category such as mason, foreman, carpenter etc to book time using CATS.

Best regards,

Shynu John

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shynu John,

There is no way.  And it is called HR mini-master (or Personnel Number) and not an Employee ID.

Just have a look at CATSDB table structure if you do not believe me.

Best regards,

Paulo