cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.10 Installation Server Patching Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the SAPGUI 7.10 installation server code on my Windows XP PC. I downloaded the SAPGUI Support Package dated 03/30/07 and am currently trying to patch the installation server. I run the NWSapSetupAdmin program and try to apply the patch, but it doesn't appear to apply the patch. With the 6.40 GUI it usually brings up a list of what's in the patch and I then apply the patch. With this version, I select Apply Patch, navigate to where the patch is and select it, and when I click "Next", nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom Grantham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The first time when i downloaded it it was downloaded with a name like this gui710_1-10002995_uid_<123456> and the exe didnt run. I renamed it by and deleted the uid<123456> portion like gui710_1-10002995. Then the patch was applied.

Have u copied it in the shared folder used by the instl server?

Hope this works.

Pl dont forget to award if resolved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file I downloaded was named: GUI710_1-10002995.EXE. I gave it a shorter name, but no change. I also copied the file into the Installation Server directory, but no change either. Not sure what is going on. I have been doing this with the 620 and 640 GUI for quite some time now, and never had any problems. ANy other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom Grantham

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem as you, also unable to patch our installation server.

But I found SAP note 1045238 telling there is something wrong with the Download Manager that somehow corrupts the download.

The solution from the note was to use a newer version of the Donmload Manager, but for me this also did not help (I could only get the Windows version 2.1.130 of the Download Manager).

So I decided to open an OSS message on it, referring to the SAP note, and after 1½ hour (note was created with priority "Low" !), i got a reply pointing to download the patch from another site (A sapmats link, that i think i am not allowed to past here).

Afterwards my problem was solved.

So i think you should open a OSS message on your problem, SAP knows there is a bug somewhere...

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I downloaded and installed the latest SAP Download Manager, and I can now patch my installation server.

Thanks for your help,

Tom.....

Answers (0)