Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Info Record Revision Level

former_member424759
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am new to QM module.

I am having difficulty for understanding "Revision Level" on the Quality Inforecord creation.

I would like to create Q-Info record using QI06 transaction. I am getting different revision level records.

Please explain to me actually what is meant by Revision Level on Quality Info Record.

Thanks

John K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In my experience, we use this point when our vendor modify some details in the material and was necessary to control there this modification with change number so we must to do a revision Q-info.

But also according the SAP help you can use for Changing document.

So you can assign a revision level if you use a change number that has a specific valid-from date to make a change.

Proceed as follows:

- Changing a Material

You can assign a revision level to a material when you process the material master record itself, or      you can enter a revision level in the BOM header when you process a material BOM.

- Changing a Document

You define for each document type whether revision levels are active for documents. Define a      document status that has the released indicator. As soon as you process a document of this      document type with a change number and assign this status, a revision level is assigned      automatically.

Please see also this similar concept in this link.

Use of Revision Levels - Inspection Planning (QM-PT-IP) - SAP Library

Regards,

Xavier