cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of invalid FF logs in tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was trying to find out how many users/owners have invalid logs in search request, but I can't find any tool or table that can give me this kind of information.  I'm running GRC 10, SP14 and only AC is running.  When I go to search request  and look for decision pending logs I received 700 decision pending logs, but I don't know how many are there invalid logs and unless I ask all owners to open up their logs and find out which ones are invalid ones. The error option didn't give me anything, so that means invalid logs are not error ones.

Please let me know if there is any way we can find out that among 700 logs which ones are invalid logs and who are the owners of these logs.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I didn't try but you may try below option as I don't have any invalid FF log reports in my system.

Also make sure when you have 4007 parameter set as YES, schedule only Log sync job and don't schedule Workflow sync job as this is one of the reason for invalid FF log report.

Go to GRACFFLOG table and pull out the FFLOG_ID value based on FF ID or Date or any other criteria with WORKFLOW_SENT as X

Then go to GRACFFREPMAPP table and input the FFLOG_ID values and check if there is any ACTION_ID associated with those FFLOG_ID entries

If the ACTION_ID doesn't exist for any FFLOG_ID means that Workflow is sent and no data is present in that FF Log workflow.

These reports are called Invalid FF Log reports

Based on ACTION_ID you can check the Action details from table GRACACTUSAGE table.

Please check and let me know

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you so much for helpful tips but I tried both tables and all FFLOG_ID
has ACTION_ID in GRACFFREPMAPP table.  I went through with all the notes
out there that has a fix for this issue even I rescheduled my back group jobs
so none of them step each other, I also made sure only one back ground job is
running in terms or FF SYNC  with the 4007 parameter set as YES.

This is not frequent basis, it happens once a while and I still can't find out
what is the cause for this, however we are process of upgrading our SP and we
are upgrading to SP17 and I modified  jobs, that will may fix this issue but still I
have to fix these existing FF logs and recover them for my auditors.  I
also have the note/program for recovering the invalid logs but that program
doesn't have that much documentation in terms of what does it do in different
selection.

Furthermore,  I'll really appreciate if you have any other approach to
find out regarding these 700 invalid logs which ones are invalid that would be
really helpful for me.

Thanks again

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Just wanted to mentioned about the two jobs that we are running and may cause this issue, if you think please let me know.

GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE

GRAC_SPM_SYNC

should I just run one job or both jobs are fine.

Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Since you have 4007 set as YES, scheduling job GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE is enough which retrieves logs as well as generates log review workflow as well.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Do you have any other way to find out those invalid logs from NWBC or tables? because I still can't find which ones are invalid logs reports among 700 pending decision reports.

That would be really helpful if you think of any other table that can give me that details, I tried your tips but all the invalid logs have usage ID, I don't know what cause of these invalid logs.  I also checked workflow and it has been working fine and triggering  all workflow. I checked so many tables but no luck. That would be really challenging to find out which ones are invalid logs.

Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Just wanted to clarify one thing.

So, the EAM log review workflows in your scenario with Invalid FF log report are also having EAM logs inside them. Is that correct?

Actually for Invalid FF log scenario EAM log review workflow will not have EAM logs.

Can you clarify on this?

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Madhu,

Correct!

The workflow is triggering fine all controller/owners receiving emails to review the FF logs but when they received the link in their inbox after the notification email, the click the link to submit approve or reject or when they open up logs some of them open with the without submit button and it says " invalid log report".

I'm running the above both batch jobs for every hour for work flow and FF logs, plus I have role usage, action usage and repository jobs are running.

I hope it helps, thanks again.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was reading the another blog today regarding FF configuration and its says in centralize FF we have to have FF ID's in both systems GRC and target system.  is that true? and we only have FF ID's in target system, and that may be the reason my owners get invalid logs report when they open up the logs.

Best Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In Centralized or De-centralized no need to have FF ID in GRC system. You need to create them in target system and then need to sync them to GRC system.

Regards,

Madhu.