cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create dynamic TBOM using CBTA test script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create dynamic TBOM by executing automated test created via CBTA automation tool. I already set the "Activate TBOM recording" check box in Start Option screen but after completing the test, no TBOM generated in Test Case Configuration > Attributes > TBOM screen. Instead, I am getting this message displayed on this screen - "TBOM Creation is not allowed for this Executable Type".

I have assigned executable type as "Transaction" and test case type as "CBTA test configuration"

Anyone here got any idea on this message? or is there any additional setups that i need to perform prior running dynamic TBOM creation.

Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Configuration > Test Cases:

Test Attribute > TBOM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Venancio,

Please note: "Currently, TBOM recording is only supported for automatic test cases of type eCatt."

Record TBOM in Automatic Test Cases - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Regards

Ab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prerequisites for TBOM creation are as following-->

1. You should have all setup and roles properly configured.

2. The solman user should have access to SUT also.

3. Map CBTA script/Composite script in Solar02->Test Cases tab.

4  In Solar02->Transaction tab. Create and select one T-Code and go to "Attributes" -->TBOM

Then assign test case to to TBOM.

I have observed that you are selecting "Attribute Maintenance" from "Test Cases" tab which is not correct.

You should access "Attribute Maintenance" available in "Transaction" tab.

TBOMS will always be recorded in reference to the transaction.

If you execute the test case with "Activate TBOM recording" TBOMs will be created and will be available in "Transaction" tab-->Attributes-->TBOM.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos
Dear Venancio Alvarez,

Where you successful in creating Dynamic TBOM via CBTA ?

Regards

Former Member

Hi Abhijit,

Yes you can create TBOM while executing the CBTA script only with test management. i.e. You have to create test plan and package and assign the CBTA test scripts to respective steps. And execute the test from test management work center. You will find the check box for record TBOM on execution screen.

Thanks,

Rutvik.

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venancio,

If you are talking about CBTA and TBOM, first check the CBTA configuration under 'Solution Manager: Configuration' work center. Please make sure that the TBOM related steps for target system are completed. You can also refer the CBTA configuration guide for the same on SCN wiki.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SAP+Solution+Manager+WIKI+-+Test+Management

Regards,

Rutvik Upadhyay.