cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating shopping cart in Plan Driven Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using plan driven procurement where the demand for non-stock item has to be sourced via SRM. Our set-up is SRM 7.0 Classic Scenario with SP 0005 and ECC 6.  We already have a working system with SRM being used for sourcing of non-stock material. We need to implement the following scenario in our system.

1. Purchase requisition created from PM order needs to create Shopping Cart in SRM. The shopping cart needs to create PO back in ECC i.e external requirement for SRM, but the requisition shouldn’t be copied into SRM and rather used to push the requirement into ECC.
  2. Updates to the Purchase requisition needs to reflect back in SRM shopping cart.

I have gone through some useful material available in SCN on the issue and referred the SAP Note 648074. I need some clarification as under.

1. As per note 648074 this will be achieved by activating the extended classic scenario. Does this means for the Purchase requisitions generated from PM order will have a copy in SRM as in extended classic scenario? What we need is to have is that the Purchase requisition information be used for creation of shopping cart in SRM and not have the PR copied into SRM.
  2. What are the additional Business objects and BADIs that we would need to activate in SRM and ECC to achieve the objective as mentioned in scenario above.
  3. Is it possible to include changes in the purchase requisition into the SRM Shopping cart
  4. Additionally, we also need to transfer attachments in Shopping Cart into SRM.

Any help in this regards will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Indrajit Dutta Choudhury

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indrajit,

In case of a PDP scenario the purchase requisition which satisfy certain criteria will have a correspoding SC created in the SRM system.

For the SC to be created in the SRM system there are certain configurations that needs to be done in both ECC and SRM system which are as follows

ECC Configurations:

Maintain entries in the table V_T160EX and V_T160PR.

The table V_T160EX contains the entries which are a combination of Material Group and Purchasing Group whereas the table V_T160PR contains the entries which are a combination of MRP Profile and Logical System.

The significance of the table V_T160EX is that if the Purchase Requisition contains a combination which is present in the table then it will be considered for the transfer to the SRM system. Additionally the material which has been specified in the PR should have the MRP profile which is present in the table V_T160PR.

If the above criteria is met then it would create an entry in the EPRTRANS table and which is cleared by running the report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER. Upon clearing this entry then it would create a SC in the SRM system.

Additionally to support PDP process in SRM system we need to create an entry channel in the Organization Structure. So ideally create a PGrp in the org structure in SRM which might be the same which is present in the PR created in ECC.

Integrate the RFC user which is used for the RFC connection between ECC and SRM to this PGrp.

Once all the above criteria is met then the PR is replicated from the ECC to SRM system. But the PR per se is not transferred to SRM and instead the corresponding SC is created in the SRM system which is then used to process it further.

For transferring the attachment from ECC to SRM system please find below the link which might be of some help

I have a detailed document which highlights the various configurations that needs to be done for the PDP process. Let me know incase you need that as well.

So PDP process will not create a PR in the SRM system and it will be a separate document whihc goes by the name of Shopping Cart.

So i hope this answers a few of your queries.

Thanks & Regards

Pramod Mallya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

We have a additional requirement on the scenario. The shopping cart requester should be same as the PM order requisition-er in the Purchase requisition created from PM order. In the given solution it will be the RFC user as creator of the shopping cart. How do we address this requirement.

Best regards

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indrajit,

It is possible to have the requisitioner name as the creator of the SC. However for this you might have to use the BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. In the BADI you might have to make a RFC call to the R/3 system to get the PR details based on the SC and then assign the PR creator name to the SC requester ID.

There is actually a wiki which explains how this can be achieved. Please find the link below

Transferring Purchase Requistion requestor name from ECC to SRM in a Plan Driven Scenario - Supplier...

You might have to implement the BADI according to your needs. The above wiki might help you in this regard.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Can you kindly send me the detailed configuration document? Thanks for your kind help so far.

Best regards

<email removed>

Message was edited by: Zoltan Keller Please do not post your email address. Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indrajit,

What are the configurations that you require ?

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,
Apologies for coming back late. I have most of the configuration document. What I am bit confused about is in several places it says we need to activate Extended classic scenario. But that I believe is not required when we want the scenario to run in Classic scenario ? Or that is required as a part of configuration for Classic scenario as well.

Best regards

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

It is possible to run with Classic Scenario as well. In ths case the PR would be created in ECC which would then create a SC in SRM and then the PO would be created for it in ECC system.

So i dont think there should be a problem with Classic Scenario.

Regards

Pramod.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit

Please note that you can also have this working with classic scenario as well .. where the

1.PR is going to be in ECC >> Creates a SC in SRM >> PO in ECC ..

2.For activating the PDP scenario you can refer to the doc

http://scn.sap.com/community/srm/shopping-cart-and-catalog/blog/2013/02/23/pdp-issue--pr-is-not-gett...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2721

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2072d57b-e1e4-2d10-d994-efa35dff3...

3. Yes by default the PR once released from ECC will have all data flown into SRM so if there are changes done in the PR and if released again then again it will send details to SRM side...

4.Attachment should transfer from PR to SC on its own if not consider implementing some notes to fix the issue as below nut honestly that should be a second criteria after you setup your PDP scenario

OSS NOTE 2022800 and 1608510

http://scn.sap.com/community/srm/blog/2013/03/07/purchase-requisition-header-attachment-transfer-to-...

Hope that helps ...

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

We have a additional requirement on the scenario. The shopping cart requester should be same as the PM order requisition-er in the Purchase requisition created from PM order. In the given solution it will be the RFC user as creator of the shopping cart. How do we address this requirement.

Best regards

Indrajit