cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS12 solman_setup problem with RFC SAPOSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,i hope i'm not duplicating this question but i searched and didn't find anything usefull,my question is this:

Solution manager documentation is very confusing and one note takes you to another, i completed SPS update and solman_setup prerrequisites, but when i run solman_setup in the system preparation-> check installation step i get the error "RFC connection to destination SAPOSS failed".Is there any aditional prerrequisite ? i searched my documentation al over again and i can´t find anything related to this RFC connection in the prerrequisites section(Configuration Guide section 3.1).

Besides, the next step in solman_setup creates the connection SAP-OSS, and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 ,this step also failed as you can see in the next picture:

Are these connections related to the SAPOSS? is it possible that this step fails due to the s-user authorizations?

I would be very thankfull if somebody can help me and if you have some advice about extra prerrequisites not found in the documentation.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

first you need to create via transaction "OSS1" an existing connection "SAPOSS" with correct sap router on your side and on SAP side. You can check this connection via transaction SM59.

After that, via SOLMAN_SETUP the guided step will create connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 with the in SOLMAN_SETUP specified S-user. But these two will use the technical details from connection SAPOSS. So it is important to get this connection working first.

Hope that helps! Kind regards,

Christoph

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Yes you need saprouter installed  to connect to SAP side.Once you have the SAP-OSS RFC setup and working properly below post steps needs to be performed

1. Make sure you have the latest SPAM Verison
  2. Check that you have latest version of SNOTE(note: 875986)
  3. Make sure SAP-OSS RFC connection is working fine

2000132 - Configuring RFC connections to the SAPNet R/3 front end (OSS) correctly

4.Go to SE38->Run RTCCTOOL and make sure all the add-ons status is green and if there are any note recommendations validate them and apply necessary onces

5.Solution Manager Post processing of the notes 2064290 and 2048369 need to be done

6.Implement Central note 1969109 for Solman 7.1 SP12 version(there might be multiple notes coming as a part of this central note)

Once above are done you can run through the system preparation and Basic configuration in solman_setup

Regards,

Murali

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes, essentially connection SAP-OSS is a copy of connection SAPOSS.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you run tx oss1 which is typical for all SAP ABAP systems as part of the post installation configuration?  That generates the base OSS RFC that all of the other OSS RFCs that are required in SolMan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for reading this and replying!, i made only the activities found in the documentation and  it never says anything abut tx oss1, but i ran it after googling a little and ran it again after i read your response ,however when i click "logon so sapnet" i get the following error messages:

As you can see, i'm new at solution manager and SAP ABAP systems, so i'm instaling a system dedicated to training and practice, but i'm just doing the steps in the official documentation,not any typical steps missing on it. Would you recommend some aditional steps missing? Is it necessary to have sap router before running solman_setup? My documentation  roadmap configures sap router in the "basic configuration" phase after finishing the "system preparation" phase, but i can't finish  system preparation beacause of muy rfc connection problems.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi luis

Have you define the settings as mention in the SAP Note ?

33135 - Guide for OSS1

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you so much i didn't do anything beside the steps in the documentation, but i suppose it is necesary to configure sap router even when it is not mentioned in the docu, thank you so much. I'll go with saprouter installation and configuration and then go to the note you mentioned. Just another question:

Are there any other steps that aren´t mentioned in the documentation that i need to be aware of?

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any SAPRouter installed and functional?