Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM RF loading unloading issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

i've got another issue.

My customer wants to load the transport via RF with the help of RF scanners.

This can be done with transaction LM30. Here you scan the transport and then scan all HU's belonging to deliveries into this transport.

Now in some cases they don't pack in HU's and want to scan the delivery into the transport, so they want to load the delivery into the transport.

Do you know this is possible of what would be the best way to achieve a solution for this issue?

THANKS!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, with 'Transport' i mean 'Shipment'.....

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not with standard SAP,

As far as i know the basic principle is using the LM30 is after scanning of HU it change the status of HU to "loaded", if you want to scan the delivery instead of HU then you need to develop custom transaction however as far as status are concern in standard SAP we don't have any additional status for delivery which shows that delivery is loaded in shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

so if we want to achieve this a custom transaction has to be developped as well as a new HU status but also something which changes the status of the shipment to 'loading end'. This status is normally set when all HU's belonging to the deliveries of the shipment are 'loaded'.

Pretty heavy change i suppose. Will you share your thoughts about this one? I think there is no real business case to perform such a change....

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i understood correctly then by scanning the delivery you just want to confirm that loading is completed if my understanding is correct then you can write small utility(RF scanning program) which will  to just change the status of Shipment to Loading end after successful scanning of all the delivery.

Cons of this approach is that you need to maintain some custom table where system will maintain the shipment wise delivery detail with status indicator (Loading in progress, Loading complete) which will help to resume the work in case of failure in between. or later on to do some analysis. Also you need to consider to archiving data after certain time interval to reduce the size and processing time