Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot not generated for lot origin 08

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had activated inspection type JP08 (copy of 08). but when I posted stock from one storage location to other no lot were generated. I have checked following in SPRO - Maintain Inspection Types, Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types setting and found it to be ok. Can any suggest where I may have mis-stepped.

Regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks all for the response. With further research we found that that particular plant where the inspection type JP08 is used has been blocked for lot creation for insp. lot origin 08 through include ZXQAAU01 due to which no lot were created for that particular plant  with lot origin 08.

for more clarity go through the below link

QAAT0001 Do's and Don'ts - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh ray,

If I understand, your requirement is to trigger inspection lots when materials are transferred from one s.loc A to another B. So do you try to do transfer between one storage location to other so with the movement 311.

Please verify if in "OMJJ > Mov. type > Deactivate QM inspection / delivery category " have you QM control activated.

Regards,

Xavier

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

My actual problem is when I split a single batch into new multiple batches a inspection lot with quantity in QI to be created for all newly created batches and for rest all type of transfer posting lot should not be created for that particular plant only. how can this be done.

But for testing purpose when I tried using 08 insp. type for creating lots to check process flow, lots were not generated for stock transfer postings for that particular plant. where as when I tried for other plant it worked perfectly and created lot for the same.

I have checked for mov. type 301, 309, 311 and 411 in OMJJ and found the config to be OK,  where else need I check.

regards,

Mukesh

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check

Inspection Type Active Tick is available in Material Master

Check the Control Insp Lot setting for Insp Type in Material Master

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Musesk ray,

First, for Inspection for a Stock Transfer you need the following conditions:

- In Customizing for Inspection Lot Creation (Inspection for a Goods Movement) QM is active for the movement type. (Controlled by you)

- QM is active for the material and in the plant you need. This means that in the inspection settings of the material master:

• An inspection type is active for inspection lot origin 08 (stock transfer)
    • The indicator to post the goods to inspection stock is set (When a goods movement takes place, the quantity of the material to be posted is posted to inspection stock. If you do not set this indicator, the material quantity is posted to unrestricted-use stock.)

So for your request, you can play with these parameters. I.e you can active or not the inspection type for the plant you need the system create the inspection lot.

But be careful, because it can create lots of inspection if not well controlled data in the material master.

Or you can use the following UserExit to control some particular logic (it's more controlled by you), please see.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/QAAT0001+Do

Regards,

Xavier

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mukesh,

Are you using movement type 343?

If yes, Standard SAP has no inspection lot origin for Movement type 343.

One option is modify this movement type as described in attached note 303061.

Regards,

Natália Machado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Material Master Quality View, Inspection type 08, create with 08 and then try with your inspection type.

Regards,

Manoj