cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm. Channel Error : IDOC_AAE Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI mates,

I am having the below error when I am trying to post idocs into a ECC system.

com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of a null object loaded from local variable 'chars' .

I have kept the control record setting as "Not Mandatory" , and none of the check box below that have been selected.

I have created one service Interface on the receiver side SI_Rcv.

The destination connection test is working fine.

Both the sender and the receiver are same IDOCs. MATMAS.MATMAS05 and am using the same ECC system on both the sides.

I am using the same Partner Profiles for both outbound and inbound idocs in ECC.

Please let me know, if I am wrong in any of the above configurations. Also, let me know, if I have missed any more configurations in ECC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

check note : 1862655

And check apply control record values from payload option in the chanel.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have solved this error with the help of Sreenivas's reply. Yes, I created a SI which had a different namespace.

For receiver IDOC, we can just drag and drop the IDOC for SI in Operational Mapping. Even if we create a SI, we have to make sure that, the namespace is,

urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages

This namespace is a constant for all receiver IDOCs.

I later faced an error

com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Recipient Partner Type is not available

Since I was just developing a scenario for learning purpose, I did not map all the fields. I just mapped the mandatory fields in the EDIDC40 segment. Even though RCVPRT ( Receiver Partner Type ) is not mandatory, it would result in error if we don't map it.

Thanks a lot Sreenivas.