cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check-in/out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are in the blueprinting phase and in the process of uploading documents for various processes. The project team members are able to check-in /check out some of the documents but some of them they are not able to. They do not get any message also. Is there any setting to be taken care of?

Appreciate you replies.

Thanks.

-

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if the document name does not contains any invalid characters which can not be used in file filename such as

\ / : * ? " < > |

When doing a check out, the document name is used as filename.

Please check the note 1023148. As a possible work around, you could try to rename the document name ?

Best regards,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

This fixed the issue. Thanks a heap.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SolMan doesn't always give you errors for things like this.

What type of troubleshooting did you perform?

Did you have them perform an SU53 to see if it's an Authorization issue?

Do the have the same roles?

Did they both try to checkout the same documentto see if it's a document issue, or a user issue?

Do they have the document open on their desktop? This will cause the checkin & upload to fail without an error.

Can they download the document with the export icon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have SAP_ALL profile. No prob with SU53. I noticed that check-in/out fails to documents which are in multiple structure nodes. They are linked basically. I am not able to export the documents either. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are they maybe already checked out? Go to the <i>Environement > Documentation</i> report and check the Checked-Out box and run the report. It may be something where a linked doc was checked out but SAP doesn't display an error box that it's already checked out.