cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 to ECC(SFTP) for PDF file transfer(No ESR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Currently i am working on Interface, flow is:  External system(AS2) -->XI-->ECC(SFTP).

PI Version: 7.0 and AS2 adapter is used of Seeburger.

External system is sending the PDF file with Delivery no as filename (Ex 123.pdf and 456.pdf), same file need to place in ECC application directory. PI will just manage the file transfer(no ESR).

Can anyone please help me, how to place the same file and name (Source filename) in target directory.

Thanks,

MR Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Besides using AttribMapper, you can also use DynamicConfigurationBean as mentioned in my answer in the thread below where you also posted your question. It is basically the reverse of the configuration in that thread.

This solution is also applicable for passthrough file transfer scenarios without ESR.

Your processing sequence would be like this:

1) Module name - AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean, Module key - getAS2Filename

2) Module name - AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean, Module key - setSFTPFilename

And the configuration parameters:    

1) getAS2Filename parameters:

key.0           write http://seeburger.com/xi/AS2 dtAS2FileName
value.0        module.filename

2) setSFTPFilename parameters:

key.0           read http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/SFTP FileName
value.0        module.filename

The explanation is all in the thread. Make sure you check ASMA in both sender AS2 channel and receiver SFTP channel.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I am working on PI7.0, AS2 adapter is used of Seeburger and SFTP is of AEDAPTIVE_ADAPTER.

Can you please confirm, in which channel(AS2 or SFTP) we have to do above module configuration.

And for SFTP the namespace is http://aedaptive.com/xi. So which one i have to use either http://aedaptive.com/xi or http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/SFTP in module.

Thank,

MR Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eng Swee,

And also please confirm the "File Name Schema" for Receiver SFTP channel.

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Do the configuration in the sender AS2 channel.

And change the namespace to use Aedaptive's namespace. The one I provided above was based on the assumption that you were using the standard SAP's SFTP adapter.

I'm not familiar with Aedaptive's SFTP adapter, so I don't know what should be the file name schema. You should check the configuration guide or user manual that came with the adapter.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

I have configured the AS2 sender channel like below screenshot, is that looking good.

For receiver SFTP channel i have configured like check the ASMA settings and File Name Schema as "*". Will it work?

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

The sender AS2 config looks ok.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure what File Name Schema means for the Aedaptive SFTP adapter. I think your best bet would be just to test out the interface end to end and see how it goes.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have tested the interface using Mac AS2 tool (send one PDF file with name Test1.pdf) but in channel monotoring i am not seeing the file name like how you get in your scenario. Please see the below screenshot. Can you please help me.

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

From my experience, some front-end AS2 client might not be compliant to the AS2 protocol to correctly include the filename during transmission.

I would suggest that you request your external partner to send the file via their AS2 application.

Rgds

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you make sure that ASMA is checked on the sender AS2 channel as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I didnot see ASMA for AS2 sender, Please find the below screenshot for AS2 sender.

PI Version: 7.0 and AS2 adapter is used of Seeburger.

Thanks,

Madhu Basani.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

It's possible that ASMA is always active for AS2 Sender channel then. I don't have the Seeburger adapter in my current project, so I can't verify it.

For the message that you have previously posted via the AS2 Tool, can you check the DynamicConfiguration section of the message in SXMB_MONI and post the screenshot here. I would like to see what values are there.

If your partner is not ready to send you a message from their AS2 application, another option you can try out is to use Mendelson AS2 test tool.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have post the AS2 sender channel parameters above, i didnot foind the ASMA settings. I used Mendelson AS2 test tool to send the fiel to PI.

I have gonethrough the below link which is related to AttribMapper Module. Could you please check it once and confirm it will fullfill my requirement or not.

Please suggest some alternate solution if you have in your mind.

AttribMapper - Assign AS2 Filename Dynamically - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Please find the below screenshot from SXMB_MONI for Dynamic Configuration. I have send the Test1.pdf file to PI thorugh Mendelson AS2 tool.

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

From the DynamicConfiguration screenshots, it seems that the AS2 filename is not populated when it's transmitted into your PI AS2 adapter. Even if you change your configuration to the AttribMapper module, it will not work. Setting of the filename is dependent on the AS2 sender application - PI can only extract it out if it's available.

I think both the test tools might not support sending the filename over AS2.

I would suggest that you request your partner to send the file over AS2.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endg Swee,

Without ASMA at sender AS2, Dynamic Configuration Module will work?

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Your screenshot shows that DynamicConfiguration section is available with some Seeburger AS2 attributes. This means that ASMA in sender AS2 is automatically activated (no separate checkbox to activate or inactivate it.)

The problem is the sender AS2 application (in your case the AS2 front end tools) are not populating the particular dtAS2FileName attribute. You can see that other Seeburger attributes are there except that.

The Dynamic Configuration module will work once your sender AS2 application populates the filename.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

After i added the Module Configuration Bean in Sender AS2 only, we can see the AS2 attributes. i think ASMA in sender AS2 is not automatically activated.

Thanks,

Madhu Basani

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

From all your previous screenshots (Module configuration, SXMB_MONI and audit log), your configuration looks fine. As I have repeatedly mentioned - the issue with the <null> values is NOT with your PI configuration.

Unless you do an end-to-end testing with your external AS2 partner, and provide results from that, there is really not much advice I can provide further.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I tested the interface end-to-end with external AS2 partner, now i can see the file name in Dynamic configuration and placed in ECC with same name.

Thanks you very much for the need.

Thnaks,

Madhu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

That's great news. Glad to hear that.

Since your issue has been resolved, please close the thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Please refer the below thread

sandip_hole
Participant