cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit & CSOL for BW, non abap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are on currently on solution manager 7.1 SP10 patch level and planning to implement retrofit and CSOL functionality for BW, PI & portal system.

Before that want to confirm below points

1. Is solman 7.1 SP10 supports Retrofit & CSOL for Non Abap systems ?

2. Is there any risk involved to implement retrofit & CSOL for BW system ? Is retrofit works for all types of BW object ? Has anyone face issues while implementing retrofit for BW system?

Thanks,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

We had plans to implement Retrofit for BW. We were guided not to opt for Auto Retrofit by SAP owing to GUID Issues in BW system. The Implementation Rail's DEV system was the System of Record. The Transport of Copies imported from the Maintenance Rail during the Auto Import process can create inconsistencies. We have been retrofitting the changes manually.

Regards,

Prasath

0 Kudos

Hello Richa,

1. CSOL functionality for Non-ABAP systems are not available yet. Hence Retrofit is not possible here.

2. CSOL for BW system is tricky. Regular objects like PROG, CLAS, TABL or TABU etc are definitely CSOL enabled. However , complex objects like Datasources, Transformations are not supported by the standard  functionality and they dont work as expected. Hence a clean Retrofit functionality  is not possible here. I have implemented this with help from our counterpart in Germany.

There is a custom solution available from SAP AGS Germany but it hasn't been included in the standard yet. I dont know what the plans are here. Sorry i dont have more information.

Best Regards,

Aravind Kumar Jagannathan

CoE ALM & RSLaF North America

0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

We also have similar kind of requirement, customer want to enable retrofit and CSOL for BW landscape. So far as per my understanding, for all BW objects retrofit can be performed manually.

Appreciate your help if you can give some more insight on this or if you some documents that I can go through and understand complete scenario.

Regards,

Piyush Jain