Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Status for end user in ITSM

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

i would like to assign additional authorization to end user for setting the status of the ticket. In the default behavior when we tried to make this change it doesn't allow . It is grayed out in edit mode. I tried to check for any option to personalize or change the settings could not find any.

Can an one suggest me to enable this grayed out option for the end user screen in ITSM.

Thanks & Regard's

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for all your inputs .

I have resolved the issue with the help of SAP , we identified that status mapping for custom status profile was not maintained.  I added the new status code for withdraw and confirm under path spro-->SAP solution manager-->capabilities--> It service Management --> status profile-->specify the status mapping for  customer status profile . And was able to see the confirm and withdraw enabled.

Regard's

Sai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Sai.

Your end-user can just confirm service request with "confirm" button - and it will change status from Proposed solution to Confirmed.

I can't get your problem. Your end-user can't do that (and there is some error message) or do you have some other requirement?

BR,

Artem

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Artem,

Thank you for your reply , Until i saw your reply i was only checking the status field under the processing data area 🙂 . Now i check it in the tab ,Even the status of the ticket is set to Proposed Solution , this confirm|withdraw was not enabled in edit mode.

The thing which i was trying from the beginning is fixed just now with enabling the personalizing settings for enable configuration area . I unchecked the display only  option for status under configurable are of  processing data:

Now i am trying to get confirm|withdraw  enabled beside edit option.

Regard's

Sai

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Saikumar Mudragada wrote:

Now i am trying to get confirm|withdraw  enabled beside edit option.

Regard's

Sai

I haven't configured business role for service requester in CRM UI (only for processors and admins) - but as I remember, in workcenter (old web dynpro interface) end-user had an opportunity to withdraw a message before it was taken in process by processor. May be SAP leave the logic the same in CRM UI. Check in what statuses your Withdraw button is active.

Concerning Confirm button - as I can see, it is active on your screenshot.

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I was not able to see confirm button active either . I was able to enable the confirm under status, Now the problem is when i set the status as confirm, there is no option to save , when i try save and reply this will not save because of the default behavior like once we save the status as confirmed we cannot edit any more in the ticket . I want to insert save option in the header  along with save and reply can you please help on this how  to enable the same.

Thanks & Regard's

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Status Management--> Select the Status Header for your Transaction Type.

Select the Confirm status you will see option FINR. -- Remove that option.

You will be able to edit the ticket.

Regards

Abhishek

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your revert. Requirement is to save the ticket with status confirmed. Do not want to edit the ticket after the status is set to confirmed . Do not want to disturb the default behavior. Require additional button save apart from Save and reply.

Thank you.

Regard's

Sai

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saikumar

If i am getting you problem correctly then,please check the system status which is assigned for that particular user status.This may be the reason for greying out of the field.

For addition status you can make authorization keys and assign those keys in the status profile then assign those keys in B_USERSTAT authorization object for authorization .

Regards

Rashmi ranjan behera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This behavior is under control of B_USERSTAT authorization object.

Go to Status management choose your status schema of Zservice Request.

Find in last columns auth.key.

Now your end users must have a B_USERSTAT with that keys.

Add it to End User roles in pfcg.

Rg Dan

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dan ,

Thank you for reply , I have checked this authorization value in both dispatcher and creator role it seems same in both the roles. But still dispatcher is able to change the status and Creator is not. I was checking for how to enable this option and remove the grayed out option for this filed in the screen shared previously.

Regard's

Sai

former_member201769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Have you checked the role config key configuration in the UI.It may be happening that for dispatcher configuration in UI that field is enabled and for other one its disabled.

Regards

Rashmi ranjan

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rashmi,

Thank you for your revert , Role configuration key is controlling only the Work center as described in the link  here.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/IT+Service+Management+Roles+and+Authorizations#ITServic...

I would like to know will there be any such option : show configurable areas for the CRM screen where we can edit/ change the settings as per our need in this End user screen . This i am unable to set for End User Screen .However i can able to manager the screen and different configurable areas of Processor , Dispatcher through the administrative (SOLMAN_ADMIN) user.

Regard's

Sai