cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM APO DP - Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to make changes to my planning book. Is there any way to save or take a backup of the <b>notes</b> i have made in the Planning Book (notes viewed in Interactive Planning) before i deactivate the Planning Area to make the changes? I believe without this, all the notes will get lost when i deactivate the Planning Area.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have to make changes to the Planning Book then you need not deactivate the Planning Area. Moreover notes are stored in some tables linked to CVCs. I don't think notes will get lost if you deactivate (assuming deactivation timeseries) the Planning Area. If however you are changing the Master Planning Object Structure (characteristics) then it would be a concern.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for putting the requirement only half-baked. Let me clarify. What i need to do is delete the existing CVCs, delete a Key Figure and add a new one. So, that means there will be a change in the MPOS as well as the Planning Area. Post this, i will have to load the old CVCs and restore the earlier notes i had in the Planning Book. So therein lies the issue.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah! You are heading for some serious custom development.

Start exploring the report mentioned by Harish. As of SCM 4.0 SAP provides this standard report to displat all notes in a planning area.

Also Function Module /SAPAPO/TS_DOC_DOWNLOAD and structure /SAPAPO/NOTE_OVERVIEW_STR maybe helpful.

But I still don;t understand the reason for deleting the existing CVCs if you need to delete a kf and add a new one. Unless you are adding / deleting a characteristic there is no change in the MPOS. The scenario you mentioned is only Planning Area timeseries deinitilization which will not necessarily remove the notes. Unless of course the keyfigure to which notes are linked to is deleted and new one added.

Thanks,

Somnath

-

Info added based on further analysis of report on 21Jun07

Notes related data is not stored in liveCache but in separate table that is automatically created upon addition of a note.

In Function module /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_SINGLE_GET put planning area name. The export parameter ES_TSAREATE has field DOCTAB which provides the generated table name for notes.

Goto SE16 and put table (something like /1APO/F<client no.>xxxxxx) it should display the notes.

Message was edited by:

Somnath Manna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashant

again i still dont see a reason for changing MPOS

unless you are changing characteristics

you can back the planning area to another temp PA with the same MPOS,

deinitialize planning area and make your changes

reinitialize PA and copu from the temp to this PA

getting back to your original Q:-

there is a program called /sapapo/copy_notes you can use to copy notes to another version do your PA changes and copy back

Former Member
0 Kudos

same thoughts!!

just a min late

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath & Harish

Thanks a ton. Problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to extract that table which displays notes and save them? I would want to do that periodically in case of a LiveCache crash. And then be able to upload the notes back to the Planning Area.

I think a restore would bring back the notes as well, but if we restore from an outside database, that wouldn't be the case where the notes would stick.

So how can I save and then re-upload notes into a planning area?

0 Kudos

David, I saw some good suggestions for the backing up of text notes but nothing that seemd to be an ideal solution.

I am interested to know if you managed to find another solution.

Thanks

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as somnath mentioned you dont have to deinitialize to change PB

but if you have a note for a certain char set on a KfFand you are, say, deleting the KF but want to keep the notes

to see the table view of the notes you can use program /SAPAPO/RMDP_NOTES_SE16

there are a few more prog that can save your notes

if you would like to explain your requirement and change you might get the right solution