cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute the SDT request ABAP operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I require your immediate help .We are performing the Solman SPSupgradefrom sps 4 to sps 10 and encountered error on last phase i.e.postprocessing phase stating "Unable to execute the SDT request ABAPoperation post-execute on hostname ARGSDSM instance 00 Post-Uptimeexecution of the ABAP upgrade request ABAP has failed Error from unitobserver Cannot execute unit post-execute, current unit is extract".Letus know what is the solution & how can we bypass this error andcompletethe roadmap.

Attached the log files one as .Details of systemsOS:Windows 2008Database :Sybase ASE 15.7SUM 1.0 SP 12Regards

Regards

Asim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the last step ? Can u provide screenshot?

Did you select "clean up and start a fresh" ?

Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes , I have selected the clean up & start a fresh and was not aware that it should not have been selected as per the previous notes.But now I am stuck -I know technically that upgrade is completed but the customer wants to have the complete report which can be generated at the last step finalization.Please suggest any solution to continue.I have already raised the message but asusual Sap takes their whole sweet time  & response as per their schedule.

Regards

Asim

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asim,

Yes, Technically the upgrade is finished. I did not get "customer wants to have the complete report which can be generated at the last step finalization"

As fas as I remember, upgrade analysis report is created in post-processing and u should see it in
htdoc directory ? In the last step, it ask to send the report to SAP.

Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

The customer wants to see the road-map should be completed as per the SUM and the upgrade analysis report should be send to SAP as per the requirement.I am aware and can see the report in htdoc .Is there any way we can bypass this error and I am sure there should be some way for it.

Regards

Asim

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way other then restore if you want to complete the finalization step also. May be restore the system to state after the downtime and repeat the post processing phases.

May be customer approves it or is okay with it if SAP says that upgrade is technically completed.
email where processoverview.zip is sent is upgrade@sap.com so you can send files there manually. This is what sum aks u to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say that I have to send the zip to upgrade@sap.com.Also is it safe to delete SUM directory as it contains 20GB of size.