cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ Error: SAP-OSS RFC :access not possible using 'NULL' object reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed SOLMAN 7.1 SP12 and configured system.

We have ERP system which are going to be upgraded from ERP 6.0 to EHP 7 .

We can select target out at MOPZ steps. We can select Target (picture1) and Technical Usage but after this screen we get error at confirm target step (picture2).

I checked SAP-OSS RFC and its working. When I use MOPZ to just update for stack package update, its working. I have implemented sap note 1940845 - MOpz: enhancement to support new backend services   but it did not solve problem.

I attached dev_rfc log (picture3). Error is “access not possible using 'NULL' object reference.”

There is no Dump or Syslom log message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are having the same exact issue with only some of our systems since Solman SP12.

Did you resolve this yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

Please check the following note

982045 - Error calling the SAP back-end system

Please try the following as per above note:

• As of release 7.1: In the work center SAP Solution Manager: Configuration -> Basis Configuration -> 2 Specify User & Connectivity Data-> Specify Connectivity Data-> Maintain Connections.

Re-enter the user (S user for your customer number) and the password and save your entries. When you save, the destination SAP-OSS is regenerated if it was previously deleted. In this case, the technical settings are transferred from those in the destination SAPOSS. If SAP-OSS was not deleted, the technical settings remain unchanged.

1. 5. Retest the connection for the SAP-OSS destination in transaction SM59.
  2. 6. If the connection test functions but the authorization test fails, you can solve this problem by proceeding as described for the additional information "You are not authorized to logon to the target system".

Regards,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

SAP OSS rfc would connect your solution manager system with SMP and it is working fine.

Your error log says problem with the backend system. The RFCs from solman to your ECC system for which your are generating stack file for upgrade is having issues.

I would suggest you to check all the RFCs to and from ECC and Solman. do not reply on RFC wizard but use SM59 to check all the RFCs.

These connections need to be perfect for MOPZ would check your target systems current stack.

Let me know what is the output.

Hope it helps!!

-AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Actually tis is not about a rfc problem with ECC and SOLMAN problem. MOPZ is working with option ;

- Add-on install

- Stack pacth

but it does not working with EHP upgrade option.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

Have you performed successful connection test for RFC SAP-OSS under SM59,try to maintain correct S User credentials under SAP-OSS as well as check under transaction AISUSER.

If connection test passed than try to check under system prep step with connection data.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As i said in my message, SAP-OSS rfc is working well. and S user is listed in AISUSER.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

Did you also check the S-user details maintained in solman_setup->system preparation->specify connectivity data ,is it green there and correct details maintained

Please check below note if this is helpful

982045 - Error calling the SAP back-end system

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I checked and S user is correct.