Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know when an ABAP program last changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am familiar with the concept that there are a number of reasons that SAP will compile a particular ABAP program even though there may have been no change to the contents of that particular program, and that in these cases, the "Changed by" field will show "SAP" and the "Changed on" field will show the date that SAP compiled the program.

My question is, if you see the "Changed by" field indicates "SAP", can you always assume that this was not a change to the ABAP program (and that, rather, it was just the system compiling the program)? Or, are there some cases where this scenario could still indicate the ABAP program changed on the indicated date?

Example:

"Changed by" = "SAP", and "Changed on" = "8 Feb 2014"

Can I assume that this does not indicate that SAP actually changed the ABAP program on 8 Feb 2014? Or could this indicate SAP changed this program on that date?

Further, since the "Changed on" date can be misleading, is there a way to truly validate when an ABAP program last changed?

If there are any links to reference materials that would help with this, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii Jayda

Attributes changed on and by indicates who and when program is changed..

if you are not sure you can always check the  program version.

in utilities---versions--version mnagement.

Regards

Gaurav

gregory_gotera2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Jayda,

We can see the Changed details by user name for all objects using version management.

But When there is Service Pack level(Using SNOTE or version Upgrade) changes happened, it will show the Last changed by 'SAP' those we can check in attributes of every objects.

Regards,

Sivanadh